Life 101: Happiness Costs Nothing

I used to think that by having a lot of money,  life will be so much easier and I will be much happier as well. Given my current financial situation, which is not good by the way, it's easy to fall back on that thought. But after reading an article about how some of our female counterparts struggled through life when growing up, they're pretty unfazed by it if they don't get something that everybody wants and seems to be into. Designer bags? Pfft..whatever. They know that money isn't easy to get and when they do get it, they don't want to carelessly spend it. 

Many of us may not come from a privileged background and those hardworking ones make sure they get out of their state of poverty so that they will not suffer again. They embark on a quest to change their life for the better and most of the time, it does get better. 

They don't forget where they come from. Even those wealthy ones who come from a poor family background, they make sure they don't just forget their past. Of course they are those who, in their bid to totally forget their past of humble beginnings, indulge in a very rich and famous lifestyle. If they can maintain their cashflow, then perhaps they need not worry so much of what the future holds because they have financial backup. To these people, perhaps happiness may come with a price tag the minute they can afford things that some of us can only dream of.


But don't forget that the future is unpredictable. You can be a classic rags to riches story but if you can't be down to earth and forget where you came from, you can turn into a riches to rags story. 


So take a leaf from heartwarming stories that shows us we may take things for granted and in the race to compete with others at a shot of success and wealth, we forget about being happy. You can't buy people's love with money. If others look down on you because you can't afford the things they buy, then you are better off without such people. Sometimes indulging in simple things can give us pleasures and they don't even cost anything. For myself, I can't buy my mum's love for us by taking care of our needs, even for a grown woman like me whom she actually doesn't really need to take care of anymore. 


While of course having money will make life a bit easier, but I have experienced enough to also know that money doesn't really last long especially when it is being used up quite fast and that I don't earn fast enough to keep up with the expenses. While this means that I don't get to buy stuffs that I want, that people rave about and instead, I have to get the cheaper alternatives, it's okay for me. 


To me, happiness is when I get to support my family and to give them a comfortable yet simple way of life.

follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts