A Perfect Body

If you know me well enough, one thing you may  learn about me is that I don't judge people easily and that given time, I can actually get along well with people. Sure I may have the most aloof face on earth which may sometimes be off putting to other people that they don't really bother to get to know me better coz well, you know how people judge others based on first impression. I've learnt to live with that actually. Sometimes too many friends also can give us headache, haha. What you need are just a few gems of friends to keep for life :)


Currently one of the make up artists that I look up to, when I go to you tube or her website, is recovering from a tummy tuck and breast lift operation. While it's easy to say that she obviously is a very vain person, if you can understand from her background story, I believe it's her own right do what she wants to her body. I'm not one to condone plastic surgery and that given a chance to go through plastic surgery, I wouldn't go for it either. I know myself as not being perfect already and if I can alter, I think I will have to spend quite a lot since I can do up a long list as to what to change about myself, haha. Of course I think it's ludicrous to do it multiple times up to the point of obsessing over the need to be perfect. Over time the skin cells may collapse and you may also suffer from internal injuries and scarred for life.


Anyway, back to her story. I've seen her before pictures when she first started out and she was really big. But her determination to look good, not just by make up, but also physically for the sake of health, made her strive to drop the pounds. And she actually did although given the quite a large amount of weight dropped, her skin isn't so tight and is rather flabby and unsightly. That is why she spent money going through the cosmetic procedures even though never in her life before has she gone through a surgery before which may put her life in danger.


She stressed that she does not want to have a perfect body but just for once, a normal body. I know that we have to learn to love ourselves, including all the flaws and er..lovehandles, but there is always this nagging feeling at the back of our mind and especially for us girls, that how we wish we could have slimmer thighs, toned looking arms and etc. For me, I don't wish to be skinny. But of course after many years of adopting a healthier lifestyle, I do wish that my lower tummy is flat. Of course it makes wearing of skirts look more presentable. Although wearing the right undergarment can help to solve the problem, for example, like the one I'm wearing is not doing justice to me at all..haha, I do wish to have flatter abs. 


But luckily, I'm a very thankful person. From my first discovery that I'm 3 kilograms shy of reaching 100kg, I've taken painful steps to stop my unhealthy lifestyle to realizing the benefits of exercise. While I do hope to reach my ideal weight one day soon, I am thankful in the sense that I don't have to worry about not having a size for me anymore after I had reached the waistline of 38 inches. I used to worry like oh no, what am I going to wear if I grow even bigger than this?


So flat abs or not, as long as I can fit in my current skirts or even new upcoming ones with ease, I'm quite alright with it. I also know that in order to get a trim lower tummy, the exercise routines aren't so easy and I have difficulty with it which of course lead me to believe, ah well..I'm stuck with this bulge, so whatever.


But I will not go under the knife just to achieve it. While she feels the need to do so to feel good about herself, I do understand her position after years of being on the heavy side and working very hard to get the pounds off, there is still something that isn't right. I shall not judge her and I just wish her a speedy recovery so that she will remain her cheerful self and continued to do what she loves: make up.

follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts