Recovering from Flu

Hello,


I'm almost back from the dead. Okay, I was suffering from a bad flu and cough since last weekend and finally got defeated by the flu bug when I had to make the trip to the doc. A day before, I spent my whole sniffy day at the Changi Village Hotel, not for some relaxation though, but to learn how to do the logistics. Mostly I was there to eat, haha, since my colleague who was more experienced handled mostly everything. But the scariest thing was giving out the key card access to the hotel rooms. They were simply barbaric!! Just want to grab and go like there was no proper queue system. Kinda ashamed coz they were educators.


Anyhoo, just as I felt bad that I had not gone to the gym last Sunday coz I was in a bad shape health wise, I still had to go to a wedding. It's always good to meet up with ma two lovely ladies who were my ex colleagues and you can have them anywhere and they bring such a bright spark to the occasion. Though I was unwell, I had to trudge through life and come night time, I will be defeated because the flu made me physically weaker and I zonk out the minute I take the flu meds. 


On yet another downside of my life, even though I had my pay last weekend, I still am unable to sort out my finances properly yet though at the very least I managed to  pay off as much bills as I can. Slowly..slowly...I shall recover. Meanwhile I try to spend as little as I can on myself. Okay fine, the Stila eyeshadow quads at $20 is a bit much for someone trying to get her finances in order. 

Still, on the other hand, I just found out that not only will I get my performance bonus, I will also get some special variable bonus, that is given to all civil servants. I can get up to a month's bonus but narh, am not counting on that coz I am not one of those super workers. You know, I just expect at least $200 just like last year's dismal performance bonus as I don't want to expect too much lest I get so disappointed later. Whatever 'extras' I get later will then be truly a bonus :) and a chance at financial recovery and I promise not to screw it up. So I basically have spent on what I wanted to initially buy and that's that. I still need to get two more make up items though. One is an eye primer so that the eyeshadow colours will stay and last longer and the other one will be a milk coloured eyeshadow pencil. But I may just end up with the eye primer and I will officially call it quits with my current obsession with make up :S



Other than that, I'm blessed alright for knowing generous  people in my life. One of the teachers treated me and a few other teachers to a birthday dinner and they really ordered like 'I don't care about the price, I just want to eat'. In the day, my colleague bought for me a tuna subway sandwich and a bubble tea even though I didn't ask for it. With such generosity, I decided to be generous to my own family too. I felt bad for not buying any food for them after the dinner like usually I would such as a simple snacks or whatsoever. And my brother actually waited for me to come home so that he could eat something after being hungry for a long time. So I said okay, I will order something. After that, he said oh, he found a bread roll in the living room and after eating it, he felt full and he did not need me to order food anymore. Alas, my mum heard that I wanted to order and there was no backing out of it.. 


So I got them pizza plus the other add ons and spent almost $35. Oh well, it's okay. Knowing that I will get extra cash just next week, gives me a bit of a boost. I will spend wisely and save up the rest. I shall not be easily influenced by what people buy or promote online. Basically they earn more moolah than me so they can afford. 


Meanwhile, I shall channel my distractions in life to other good things instead such as finally making my dreams come true of starting my own online shop selling accessories. I have been influenced by some modern earring pieces which I think will make quite a statement. And I shall make them affordable too! I've started to make a bit of it and hopefully this weekend, will come out with a few pieces.


Stay tuned for them.


follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts