Silver Lining For a Tumultous Period

Received the best piece of news eva for this year!! After reeling in the unfortunate personal financial crisis of mine, dealing with price hike, outstanding bills and er..my new found love with make up, it's taking quite a toll on me. But things are about to change in the next few days.


I did mention about the performance bonus previously and just mere days ago, I found out from my colleague that we will be getting additional bonus which used to be called growth bonus although I don't know how much of it is true. I expect just $200, after CPF cut, because after last year's disappointment, I didn't want to give myself false hopes.


Then this afternoon, my colleague told me that the payslip is out and to my surprise, I got more than I expected! Infact much more! Whee!!! It is so much more than I expected, and when I think about it, there's so many things that I can get. I can even get a new macbook and still have leftover! I could buy a new printer! I could get a brand new phone to replace the lousy one that I have right now which has been giving me probs recently. Pfft, I could even get a new iphone or ipad and pay it in cold hard cash. Yes, that's how much I will get!!

And though it will be such a thrill to just go and purchase these things, I have to be practical. I will stick to my plan of paying off my outstanding bills and save the rest. I know down the road, there are some other things that I will have to settle and it's always good to have some spare cash for emergency. Plus I don't want to bore you with my next few blog entries about how depressing it is to have very little money left and still have to spend on essential household items and food for the family.


Wow, didn't expect that my performance last year would improve leaps and bound after I told myself to not give up on my current job and just trudge on and do my very best to make less mistakes and perform even better so that I will have a better appraisal report. Even my boss was impressed..so happy with the outcome! As for my other colleague which I talked about previously who were over the moon about her bonus and made elated comments over her facebook, apparently she got the same as last year and though she's trying to tell herself that it's better than nothing (much like how I told myself last year too), I sensed her disappointment. She did also say she expected more in her facebook status.


Oh well. You know, we can't always have the best and expect the best. While she has shined in her own ways, I believe I have shined too. She has been a hard worker, meticulous and with great attention to details. While I admire her working skills, I er..actually don't wish to be like her even though on many occasions, I do want to be as skillful as her. It's just that, I have my own ways of doing them and I don't want to work too hard, even occupying my own personal time at home, working :S. I actually don't expect to work for the sake of getting a good performance bonus, which to me I view as the icing on the cake, as I enjoy the company of people that I work. I am truly blessed that these people are kind and generous to me, knowing my family situation and enjoying my friendship with them.


If I were to leave this workplace in search of other job prospects, I will certainly miss them a lot from the bottom of my heart. For now, I won't leave them as yet :) and I promise to do my best as a colleague and as a friend.

follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts