Voting!

what the hell...bad freakin week. every time i tell myself that tomorrow will be a better day..something is sure to happen. i know my tradition of blog writing is that i like to just let it all loose and swear..curse..whatever...to sort of let go of all the anger that I am feeling inside. But now, i seriously dont feel like writing about the things that let me down. I dont even know where to start. And to top it up, I am slightly less concerned about my diet now. For example snacking like no people's business.

but today, when I am not working..(wa hoo!!), it actually got better! take this down..'rahayu had a good day on the 6th of may!' coz im in better control now. I vacuumed the house up..picked up the dirty laundry in my room...washed my jeans and pants...threw the rubbish away in my room...wiped my dressing table..charged my mp3 player..rearranged my wardrobe...went to get breakfast and grocery shopped...had better control over food ( like no old chang kee!!) and ate fruits and drank watermelon juice too....and i had an invigorating facial session like using a mask and deep cleanser which is actually due the next day. I also cut and buffed my nails and washed my hair after *Gasp* a few freakin' days. But i just want to look and feel better not only through health and beauty needs..also through the home environment.


Okay, one thing i can say is that my dad has been hospitalised. I did a boo boo intially coz i seriously had no idea about the hospital procedures and stuffs like the initial point of admissions and the fees. I just felt like I should do the right thing and provide as much comfort to my dad, who is also a first time hospital patient. I was petrified..but I had to stay in control...of my nervousness and I was seriously trying to hold back the tears. Not coz I was sad about my dad having to be admitted. But I was scared coz I was nervous like hell. I had no one to turn to and ask for help or opinions and my mum only know how to talk rot..(that time, they were both not on speaking terms)...In the end, I thought I made the biggest mistake of my life by admitting him in the wrong class of ward. Like I said...finance is not a problem...coz my dad's medisave is quite a lot..but I thought I wasted his money. I did ask for his opinions and only considered his opinions which let me to decide to put him in his current class. Still, I dont feel like going into the details of what exactly happened which made me really upset and stupid. But after hearing from my colleague did the same thing for her son and other people's experiences, and seeing for myself how my dad is getting on in his ward, I think that I have not made a bad decision after all. Most importantly is that I dont want to stress my father up and making him have sleepless nights. Only thing is I hope they will refund me back the deposit I have made without his knowledge...at least i feel i am less guilt-ridden..hee. What am I saying? He is getting on fine..his health is stabilising better and he is in comfort. So much so..our family's hospital visits dont feel like one...it felt more like a family outing...haha..especially my brother. He treats my father's single patient ward like some house in a condo and of all the things, he is more excited about the toilet and shower room. He's weird..don't ask. Oh, if you're singaporean and u think that wah..im super rich put him in A class coz he is all alone..no. I dont know why they put him there in the first place coz that was not the class I requested. Maybe God knows that I only have good intentions for him and He 'up' the level a bit by granting him that room for almost a week, I have no idea.


I hope my dad's operation goes smoothly and I also hope they dont charge more for the extra days he is there coz they keep postponing the operation. Well, I didn't ask them to postpone so why should they charge me extra right? Anyway, that's my logic only lah. Seriously, dont eat into my deposit. I need to return him back his money! haiz....see? Im still confused as to whether I made the wrong decision or not. But okay, you have to give me the benefit of the doubt. I just wanted him to be in as much comfort as possible being his first time and all as long as we can afford it. And oh, my first time as well admitting my dad and doing the paper work after that. At least the next time, I know it better and I will ask around first before making big decisions. Actually right, I should write it down in my own life book. Ask for other people's opinions first..like those with the right experience, before making the final decision.


Oh, I need to say one more thing. Today was polling day. Was..coz the final vote was at 8pm and the results are out. Honestly, I am not big on politics but I know that they are the core of every nation so we, as the citizens, should make the decision of choosing the right people to run it. I just sounded serious yet have no idea what I am trying to say. I was only very nervous coz I had to vote for the first time and I was really scared of it. Okay, there is no big deal about crossing the box..I only have to mark a big fat 'X' over the choice of person or party. I was nervous actually..coz of the whole voting procedure. I seriously tot I was going to screw up..like I dunno....over extend my X or marking in the wrong box..or forgot to bring my voting pass or my i.c....little stuffs like tat. But the thing that worried me most was that I was going to follow the wrong instructions or doing the wrong thing and being help up coz of something I did.


Okay, after that, it seriously felt 'ok' and as usual, I made a big thing out of a small thing..at least about the voting procedure. It was smooth flowing coz I tried my best to follow instructions, and uhm..observe what the person infront of me was doing. Two things did spooked me lah. First thing was how while waiting for my turn, this woman in black, one of the voting officers, kept looking at me like Im some familiar face and I was spooked by her 'rebonding session gone wrong' hair. Second thing was, how the next person who gave me the voting slip later, had to say my name out loud. I was like looking around for a bit like eh? who is she talking to? I looked at her back and she was looking down trying to tear out the voting slip. But if that's part of the procedure, watever lah. Just thanked my luck there wasn't a crowd at all. Just some neighbours of mine from the same block.


I won't say who I voted for although I hope whose box i crossed just now, would forgive me for the child-like cross I did. I didn't practise my Xs lah at home to give a perfect one. Like my mum said..they should provide a ruler so that her X would not look so wobbly coz she cant draw the lines properly..haha..


Okay, one of the voting parties sent each house a manifesto or a booklet with their speech on it. I read it and I was thinking that one thing, this opposition party wanted to bring the message across that the current party had not been doing a good job. The govt had not been doing justice to the citizens and they have been suffering under certain circumstances. He knew coz apparently many had come to him and spill out their woes. Okay, sure that is the job of the opposition party. They should try to convince us more. And as much as I thought he did try to convince us to vote for that, somehow he left out some important things. Sure since they are competing, they naturally would tell us bad things about the contested party. But, you see..I don't care who said what or who did what. The speech actually left out some critical points that could change their luck. Concrete plans. Plans of what they are going to do if they win and how they are going to stand up for us citizens. Only then do we know we are voting for the right party.



Anyway the results are out and being a first timer, It was quite an experience. If I can be a nervous wreck just having to vote, dunno how the players are feeling. Typically, I would say 'good luck!' Hee..coz right now, rahayu can officially vote and make a difference to Singapore with my vote. I feel superior! Haha..okay im a daze...so sleepy. The latest update is that now, I just hope my day gets better and better like just now was a good start. No bad luck so far..hehe.

Comments

Popular Posts