First Progress

Hey..i looked through the archives of my blog of my first attempts at losing weight. Sadly, I didn't write about losing that first kg but about losing yet another 0.5 kg. What the heck..anyway, it was rather interesting reading about how i got the wake up call to do something about my weight.

Here are some excerpts:


"Stupid Mirrored Room"

I don't know whether am I getting fatter or wat. I probably wouldn't care as long as I don't look all frumpy and stuffs. but I seemed to be given rooms for my vision screenings in schools that HAVE mirrors. Although I like looking at myself, but not how I look when I sit down. So err...jelly like!!! Then my new colleague, though she's not exactly thin either, she knows how to dress well. And it's like after a guy drops her ( I mean, they're jerks too..so who cares), someone in line is always waiting for her. And her boyfriend is getting thinner and thinner...and get this...the last one was an army personnel. So he's gotta be slim. But can't help it too. She dresses well and looks good too...me? I'm so frumpy looking (guess I was depressed from looking at the mirror way too much) that I look years older than I actually am. But wearing clothes meant for my age...well, they make me look 'fatter'. Maybe I'm just too conscious. It's not as if this is the first year I got fat. I have been like this all along. Oh hell. Let's hope the next school i go to doesn't have mirrors in the room. Or I have to write this bull again.



"Me and My Big Fat Dream"


I had a horrible dream last nite. No, not reallie that horrible but I somehow dreamt I was in this room. FOrgot why I was there in the first place. I onlie remembered there was one of my colleagues there. Then we had to do the unspeakable. Someone was gonna take our weight. Err..u can scoff about that 'unspeakable' act but ever since school, I hated taking weights..for obvious reasons. THough in my dreams, the weight-taker seemed to put on an expressionless face when saying out the weight, wat troubled me more was the weighing machine. It has a display, just like that of a cash register, where it displays how much u have to pay. But this one looks like one of those alarm clocks that will flash the time in huge digi numbers. When it came to my turn, something happened. I walked up the weighing machine cautiously and guessed what? The machine displayed odd numbers, like u know how a calculater looked like when u dip in waters..something like that lah. Then the weight-taker tot that's odd. So asked me to go on the weighing machine again. Same thing. My worst nightmare (in a nightmare) had come true. The machine was unable to display my exact weight coz I am over the maximum weight it could display. Luckily, I woke up.Usually, on a weekend I am compelled to just wake up and start using my pc until time to buy breakfast. Guess wat? I didn't feel like starting my day just sitting and adding jelly to my ass. So, I tot..hrm...maybe I should just go out and take a walk in the park. I mean, what's so bad about walking? It's just gonna be a start of my new exercise regime. But then, I remembered. Gosh, my sports shoes have not been worn for the longest time. And it has probably collected dust 'till beyond recognition. Then, made a pact, okay, i'll start off with a healthier diet first today and gonna dump my sports shoes in the washing machine later. Then, I am gonna open a new file, just like how the dietician has for my brother, during his consultation at a children's hospital. My logic is simple. I am gonna be my own dietician and people pay a lot of money to slim down onlie to be offered the same diet plan. Eat more fruits and veggies, cut down on carbo and start exercising. My colleague, who recently err..lost 1 kg, paid over 200plus at a local hospital, onlie to do the same thing anyone could have told her to do like the above mentioned. Onli difference? The people over at the hospital was supportive. Hey, I don't have to count on those people. She, after all, is paying them...probably the fees include moral support too. Now, me and my team mate are planning to sign up for a gym membership card at our werkplace. And if there is time for us like when we come back for half day screening, we can use the extra time to go to the gym. Can't wait. Wish me luck!!



"I worked out today!!"

you know what?!! I finallie went to the gym at work..woohoo! It brought back fresh memories from the time me and nats worked out together at the school gym when I was on the treadmill. This time the treadmill is a lot bigger (and more scarier, I mz add) and has a lot of functions, supposedly helping us to determine the kind of speed and slope inclination during our walk. I did for half an hour and though it was tiring, it was reallie cool to see my flushed face all over again..after a good workout. Instant radiant! It helps having a buddie who is also keen to lose weight. For now, my target is to lose 6 kg. I mean..that's mediocre, I know...but it's not THAT easie to lose that amount in a matter of one month onlie. Unless u enlisted help. EXPENSIVE help. I try to aim at that first, and then another 6 and another 6..that sort of thing.
Unknown Title


Damn..I am so tired. After trying (in vain) to run and be inspired by one of my friends, who lost damn a lot of weight..my thighs could onlie take me so far. But I would say that it is a good improvement from last week when I could barely run one round. And that now, when I don't have a company like the last time, with my brother, it would have gotten a bit lonesome. But I kinda liked to breathe in the fresh air and just enjoy my exercise. Of course the disadvantage of walking and running around the park several times, was getting a tad bit boring..what with all the repeated sceneries (blue stairs rail, basketball court, fitness station, carpark...repeat after me..blue stairs rail, basketball....), and in my head, there is no song that I can recite..which is odd, if you ask me. So, i just stuck to counting..losing my count....counting again.....but it felt good just sweating it out. And I always had this phobia someone will just suddenly 'encourage' me to run faster so I spent time coming up with excuses in my head, everytime a jogger was about to pass me. I tot of...'i'm just recovering..so can't exercise much..'my knees just undergone an operation..' & 'i shouldn't be running..err...my doctor says so!'

Comments

Popular Posts