SinGLe

I dont know if this is experienced by other races as well..but I wish the malay society will b e a bit more open-minded? I mean..come on..doesnt mean I dont have a boyfriend (or that I dont have plans to get married) I am gonna die a loner or what. I truly envy those who can dodge unwanted attention when they are pestered as to when they will get a boyfriend or get married.

Like they asked me if I know some guys, and have any interest in them...but I said so far..no. From what I see..I onlie see them as friends, no more than that. I dont have them constantly edged on my mind. For a guy to get stuck in my mind, like that famous kylie minogue's song...he mz have made a very good impression. For the longest time, since i left school..no one had come close to that chinese guy I met last year. Alas, it was onlie meant to be just a 'dream'..even the prospects of wanting him to be a friend.

I couldn't exactly remember how it all began but I thought I blabbered that yeah..I do have good guy friends which we dont always go out and meet..and never had I been out solidly with one guy before. K, like u know..after I left school coz frankly speaking, whichever guy I went out before back in school, are either losers I met from the net or jz sore losers. But sometimes, if I truly like that guy, I felt like a loser coz they could not stop talking about some girls they like who CLEARLY have a lack of interest in them. And here I was, pining for a glimmer of hope that they notice I like them or something but nOoooOoooo....it's all about 'if i can get her as my girlfriend'..'If i can get her from the clutches of her boyfriend now'...and I felt like saying 'If I can onlie beat u up to a pulp'...You know what, in the end, I gave up. I gave up chatting on the net coz for once, I want to meet a real guy..to have a date with someone who truly have an interest in me..and definitely NOT getting to know each other from the net.

Guess what..for five and coming now to six long years, ever since I made that vow...I never had a date. And yeah, I do feel the pinch initially. Over time..Im like..'so what?' And my valentine's day? Although as a muslim, we are not supposed to celebrate this day....the last time, me and my two or three good friends would just have this gift-giving thingey at BK wheelock place. We treated it like a Friendship Day...but slowly, one by one had a boyfriend. Even though, they were initially unhappy in the relationship and had ever since moved on from one to another..to another..me and another friend are still, up to now, swinging single.

But we still carried on with this tradition although the recent one, she didnt get me anything coz she didn't see the importance of valentine's day as well s the last christmas when we used to give each other gifts for the fun of it. The onlie thing that bothered her is her studies coz it's getting too difficult and the pressure from classmates didnt help either. I guess...when we were still teenagers, and in our early adulthood, these things would be a sweet reminder that we still have one another as friends. But, as you know...people's commitments change over time. Some things are important, while some things, over time, have diminished in terms of value.

Still, I dont expect anything from her, coz somehow, as I slowly grow up, gifts are not a measure as to the value of a friendship. The most important thing is that we are still in very good terms with one another, despite different commitments, and that we are there for each other whenever we need someone to talk to. To me, although we now stay very far from each other, at times we make an effort to meet at least twice a month or even more and we just chill like how we were back then in secondary school until now. I appreciate it that despite her growing workload, she still remembers her friends and I hope, that more of her friends will see how good a friend she can be. Yeah, I mean....we aint that perfect in the first place, and sometimes we don't see each other face to face over some matter, but we just forgive and forget. Why compromise over a friendship over something trivial, right?

I certainly don't like people to pin hopes on me either to quickly get a boyfriend or wanting me to get closer to my current guy friends to give love a chance. At first, I found it annoying and they ask me how are they like..and I'll tell them..that yeah, as friends, they can be very concern and I appreciate them listening to all my nonsense coz at times, I just talk too much. Except for one girl, whom i know she dont really talk as much as the senior ones concerning this 'lurveeee' thing...but still she was puzzled as to why I am so scared of marriage and the aftermath. Frankly speaking, I guess God made it in a way that I am as single as ever coz I always secretly wish that no guy gives me extra attention or what. Every time, there is some guy who is looking in my way, I'll look away despite them being rather good looking at times. I simply am not interested. So maybe thats why...GOd wants to make my life easier by clearing the distractions along my path of singlehood.

I know I have talked about how I wish some guy from heaven or what..ask me out but frankly speaking, that's all I wanted. To simply chill out with a guy friend, like a girl friend, u know...like how friends are. Sometimes, It'd be nice to hear from a guy's point of view instead. Alas, I guess I am too scared that the meeting may go a little too well and soon, he has some form of interest in me and start to be all loveydovey...and I wouldn't like that. I already told myself that I dont want to break anybody's heart by telling them that I do not wish to pursue the frienship and bring it to the next level. I just..am not ready for all the lurve game. I just want to be left alone.

Although I still Do hope that some day, a guy will ask me out for just a casual date like for a movie or just lunch or dinner. But if it doesnt happen, I am not disappointed. LIke maybe fate is saying why give some guy the opportunity to get to know me better when I dont want anything more than that? It's not like he's the same gender as me...a guy simply isnt' a girl and going out for just a casual meeting, be it with a girl, or with a guy, is still very different.

Maybe who knows, I will meet a guy who shares the same likes as me...who doesnt care what people say about them. That'd be nice..

Comments

Popular Posts