Skip to main content

Young Lives Gone....Safety Measures to be in Place

It shouldn't have happened. Two young lives lost because a safety protocol wasn't in place to ensure there was no oncoming train while they were doing their maintenance work on the rails. It's the saddest thing to know and even though we don't know them personally, we grieved alongside their families and friends because this shouldn't have happened at all for two people who just joined the service recently and were going on the job training. 

But like what had been said by Mr Lee Hsien Loong, we should keep our speculations to a minimum as investigations are on-going although I didn't like what I'm reading such as knowing no measures were done to warn the oncoming train. In the line of duty, we may sometimes disregard safety as we might think that nothing could happen or that it can be quite a hassle putting safety in place but in any circumstances, just a small or simple action on ensuring safety can help in leaps and bounds to ensure nothing bad happens. 

I hope that during their investigation, they should go into details what are the lapses in their safety regulations to ensure such tragic incidents do not ever occur again. But it also highlights the fact that the maintenance workers have such high risk jobs while we, on the ground, complain about frequent train breakdowns and what not. I also hope that after this, we are more sensitive to the well being of these people in this service line who ensure that our traffic journeys are smoother and safer. They bear the brunt of our unhappiness when a breakdown happens and are so calm and patient in directing the heavy flow of human traffic and addressing our concerns even though the fault isn't theirs. 

A salute to these service line people and hope that no more of such tragic incidents happen again in future as heavier safety procedures are put in place to protect the lives of these people.

follow me on http://instagram.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...