Skip to main content

Missing School Life but Planning Ahead in Education

So today will officially be two weeks since I last took the papers and to be honest, I'm missing school. It had always been a rush for me to leave work and then waiting for the train during the peak hours, squeezing in for both lines and then having to do some balancing act as I hardly have poles to hold on to and risking falling over.

Okay, perhaps I don't miss the train rides, lol..

But school wise, I do miss it. Fine, I actually miss the lessons more than the test, projects and exams because they are stressful to the max. Like in every story, there is a beginning and an ending. I hope to re-open this chapter again in another institution which is much further from where I last studied but with better future prospects. I am giving  myself 3 years to accumulate some funds without resorting to borrowing and I thought that if I could somehow come up with the money to pay for this education, I believe I can do this too.

I want to take up a degree in business from UniSim and since it's recognised by the government and working in the government line, this degree will be useful for me. But I need at least $15K in order to support my education over there which is why I needed to accumulate the funds first, perhaps for $10K at least and I will come up with the rest later. That will also mean, I have to be more wiser in terms of spending of moolah and then saving also if I were to have the financia means to go that far. It's not going to be easy but I do not think it is impossible. I need to find ways to make money, legally of course, but to do all of the above mentioned, I need a lot of self discipline as well. 

Hope God give me strength in this area as I continue to stay laser focused in achieving this dream of mine.

Meanwhile, let us reminiscine my former schooling life, some of which you might have seen in my previous posts, but they tied together with the theme so here we go again.










follow me on http://instagram.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...