Skip to main content

Birthday Meet Up & A Chance Encounter

Last Wednesday, we had a mini dinner cum birthday celebration with my former project group and it was so nice to see them again and honestly, there were two of my favourites and not because I am being biased but they are really helpful and they don't judge for sure. I like it when people see you for who you are and take the time to get to know you, rather than making a quick judgment with sweeping assumptions. Long story, haha..Anyway, the birthday celebration was at a restaurant set up by a Malay entrepreneur and his group of investors in Telok Ayer called Royz Et Vous and I actually could not remember the name until I had to write this post and looked up for it via google, haha.

It's a french restaurant and while the menu was pretty limited and since it's a restaurant, of course expect restaurant prices although a budget of around $30 or even lesser is considered still okay for a restaurant setting like this. It's the experience that counts because we don't always have this type of French restaurant as a halal establishments for muslims in Singapore. And we're also proud of the fact we're supporting a successful Malay entrepreneur.

And this is where it gets interesting. Apparently, my former classmate knew the guy from 20 years back from her former workplace. While it didn't end well, they are on better terms now after the quick intro at the restaurant when we were about to make a move. He gave each of us a free onde-onde cake and you can see the one that we shared from the picture below. It was really good! Sinful of course, but what's life without some sugar and spice :)

I won't say much about what was the relationship between the two but you know, everything happens in life for a reason. 

My two former group mates and now friends for life are really chatty and while I'm really the opposite of them, as and when, I get to chat with them and listen to their very interesting stories that made the time goes by so fast. Before we know it, we were there for like two hours. 

So here are the pics below and as usual, I will have them printed for memory keeping. I just realized I haven't been printing photos for this year except for the New Year countdown. My bad. I was so caught up with test, projects and exams that my life practically halted, lol. Still trying to get used to it though. 

Until my next post!





follow me on http://instagram.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...