Skip to main content

i Light Festival Marina Bay 2016

Last Monday, my brother and I went on our 4th i Light Festival which started at 7.30pm and end at 11pm. It's a very interesting concept that is not only free but intriguing as well for the visitors as the art installations educate the visitors on the different perspectives on light and shadows through their installations. Some of them are also interactive as the visitors get to be part of the exhibit, for instance, the angel wings with interchanging neon lights, where they get to take instagram worthy pics. There was one where a visitor can have a karaoke session and another which played music based on movement as they walk underneath a row of lamps hung above them. Other installations also made use of movement, vibration and even the atmosphere for them to come alive.  It's seriously fun and you can enjoy the more than 20 exhibits under the cool night breeze. 

Another interesting factor for this year is that more than 50% are from Singaporeans while the rest are international. See, we can be very creative as well and we're not just workaholics who work for the money, haha. While I didn't get to see all of them, because we would have to walk pretty far as they were not really close together, so far what I liked was this dome like structure with lights that changed colours from the outside and on the inside, the dome was actually made of mirrors in hexagon like shapes. Actually we were viewing the dome from the outside and we didn't realize that actually until someone mentioned to us as a matter of fact that the opening of the dome was actually on the other side. So in other words, we  had been viewing from the backside instead, lol! 

Once we entered, we were greeted with a wall of mirrors and instant reaction was to take a selfie, hehe.

If you're in Singapore or intending to visit Singapore, do come and see the art installations because it's free admission anyway. More deets below when you visit the website and the festival is on until 27 March 2016.

http://www.ilightmarinabay.sg/

As for now, enjoy the pictures below!




















follow me on http://instagram.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...