Skip to main content

Resetting My Life for a Better Purpose

I felt guilt stricken that I spent $60 the day before when all I wanted to do was spend at least $10 or at most $20 in order to qualify for the free make and take as taught by a papercrafter that I am a fan of her works. I had also gone to another scrapbooking store which I had signed up for and therefore entitled to a free make and take. This make and take is an art creation that you make on the spot as guided by the designer which you can then take home. It comes with terms and condition, for example spending a certain amount or buying certain products to qualify.

I knew that they would entitle us to a discount coupon when we collect the set of coupons. What I didn't anticipate was that I would have to spend a minimum of $60 in order to qualify for the 40% off in this store. So cunning of them, haha. And 'best' still, I carried the ATM card which my brother was supposed to hold me and which also hold most of my savings. 

The other store had a 30% off discount too and I was smart enough this time, to carefully pick my items and not to be swayed by the counter person asking me to look for more items coz since you know, it's 30% off. I did shop around again but I thought carefully on what I really wanted and in the end, picked up a small bottle of glitter glue or stickles that cost $3.95 before discount. I think she gave the look of, what..that is it? Lol..

For the first store, I felt guilty because I wasn't supposed to spend much but then I figured if I don't spend, I am wasting on a good discount. While I am thankful I didn't go overboard, $60 is still quite a big amount since I have two upcoming events that require money. One is a birthday treat for a friend and another is a shopping trip in Johor Bahru. Oh, man. I should have planned ahead. Then in the later evening, I was also supposed to check out this fast food restaurant that was recently halal-certified and therefore spent another $20. With groceries and plus a drink from Coffee Bean, I spent $100 yesterday.

I tried to console myself that it's not all the time that they offered such hefty discount and that I told myself that I am only allowed to spend a bit more especially on those more expensive items if there are discounts. And that fast food restaurant, it was new to us and we wanted to try their food for the longest time. 

Therefore now, I am concentrating my efforts on earning income and visiting my goals again. While the first week of school has left me tired when I get back home, and that I find myself spending too much time watching on this Chinese drama, even though I watched every episode multiple times, it's time to get back on track.

So today, after I woke up, I wanted to re-affirm my life purpose and goals. I haven't touched the exercise book which I had written down my life purposes, my goals and how to reach them for more than a week. This book is my inspiration book as I use it to write inspirational notes as well. I am supposed to use it, on a daily basis. But I got busy and I know that's no excuse.

From today, I shall be more aligned with my life purpose and goals by concentrating my time and energy on them better on a daily basis. I know I wrote multiple times on how focused I want to lead my life by not wasting energy on unnecessary things and even people. However, I am mostly NATO (No Action Talk Only).

I've since spent my morning on the exercise book by reading my goals and life purposes, writing two blog posts and planning my day ahead. Life is short and instead of focusing how much money I have spent the day before, I shall look forward to making what I had spent on from the shops to earn a good side income. I call it 'investment' and I KNOW this investment will rake in money for me if I allocate a good amount of time and energy on it. 

Wish you a Good Sunday ahead!

follow me on http://instagram.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...