Skip to main content

Are You Beautiful or Average

I was waiting for the video to load and they showed this in the ad and in one of the very very rare times, I did not skip the ad because I found it intriguing. Dove is well known for its beauty in all sizes types of ad where they make women feel confident about themselves, no matter what body shape they are in. Naturally as women, we have insecurities and while men do have it as well, we tend to be more emotional about it especially when exposed to constant reminders how beauty is supposed to be based on what the society at large envisions it.

Surprisingly, as we mature, we think that this silly comparison may dwindle down as we get ourselves in a level that we are comfortable with. Personally, I thought only single women would feel like this, more than married women as they have found the love of their life, so basically there's less effort to dress up to impress as everything seems settled. But turns out, I was wrong. Married women, just as much as single women, have insecurities as well when they feel they may lose their husband to other women deemed to be more attractive than them or when their husband still generates interest from the opposite sex despite their marital status.

I've since been more comfortable in my own skin and concentrate on being healthier and dressing up a little bit more, even when I'm rushing. There are of course moments of insecurities but I tell myself to just let it be you know, because I'm better than that. If people can't accept it, then too bad. I also feel that a bit of make up can do wonders as well and wearing clothes that fit well can boost one's self confidence. Some women even swear by the shoes they wear, especially heels, but there are women who dislike make up but still dress to impress, whichever makes you feel good about yourself. 

But other than the physical aspect, more importantly, respect yourself, your mind and your body. Don't put yourself down because we women are capable of many many things. We are beautiful in so many ways. What's the point of having outer beauty when your inside beauty is so ugly. Don't feed yourself with negative words that tell you that you're not beautiful or not good enough for others to even open their eyes to see what we've got. We deserve more respect than that silly negative mindset.

We hold many roles in our life, as a wife, a mother, a daughter, sister and so on. On top of that, we have to hold down a job, take care of our family and even furthering our studies for a better future. We have come a long way since the time women were banned from voting, not allowed to get an education and only seen as someone to pro-create with.

We give all we've got and we're damn good at that. We work hard while trying to stay sane and keep things together.

So to all the ladies, there are no two choices about it. WE ARE BEAUTIFUL. 





follow me on http://instagram.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...