Skip to main content

Hung up With Competition...& Beating Them in their Game

I was feeling quite dejected this week, feeling as though I'm losing my abilities in running an online shop successfully. I felt as though my competitors are doing so much better, and then thinking that they have more friends to spread the news around about their humble online venture as well as a wide social network. In the first place, I don't have that wide network and my group of friends is well, very very small. How widespread I can get.

But I watched a video from a local niche blogger who is doing very very well right now, as a life coach and I truly enjoy reading her personal development articles online. I would link up below. The turning point that I felt was when they did a video on her and unlike other bloggers who write just as well but mainly doing it for fame and money, she basically plunge into this because she wants to help others reach their maximum potential. The money that comes in are of course good that she's able to retire at the age of 28 only. However, money is the result of her doing what she loves. She's not after material possessions because she can't bring along with her when she dies. She would rather lead a meaningful life knowing that she has played a part in helping others succeed as well. 

So from then, I realized why am I so hung up about the competitors. Good that they are doing well. But I should think more in terms of how can I add value to my online business. I've been wanting to explore making this box card and I saw potential in making money from it. But the measurements kinda put me off. But I'm determined to make it work of course. I struggled with the tri-fold card but it has since been one of my best selling cards.

I'm hoping to make it successful too because I want to run this online shop until I die, haha. It's not something I get into to make quick bucks. I enjoy the process of running it, receiving orders, answering emails, making the product and basically keep myself busy doing something I love. Of course the passion is not always there because it can be rather tiring with the full day job and part-time night studies. But the willingness of me to wake up earlier shows how dedicated I am in making sure I bring in the orders and hopefully to take this shop to another level.

So who cares about the competition. Sure they need not be totally ignored. I should be thinking in terms of value and how else can I improve rather than be so hung up on them. Competition can either bring in the good or ugly side of your business, depending on the individual running it.

Let's hope for the best and reach our highest potential in life.

Here's the video as promised and the link below to the blog.

Personal Excellence 






follow me on http://instagram.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...