Skip to main content

A Birthday and an Awesome Friendship

Do you have friendships that are so meaningful that you just will treasure for the rest of your life? If you're lucky enough to have such friendships, please take good care of it. Friends who are not only caring but also supportive and encouraging, are meant to be treasured. For me, that friend of mine celebrated her birthday last Tuesday and we met up with her on Sunday for our annual mini celebration.

This year, she had refused gifts since she said that she is older now and a treat is suffice. I wanted to give her hongbao or red packet money but she refused to take it. Instead, I used the money to pay her for the lunch, bought some cheese fries to share while waiting for our other friend's insurance agent to finish up his paperwork and then the balance to that friend who had bought gifts to her as my share of it. Since we're going to meet another time for her birthday celebration, I would say that well, I shall give her a proper treat then. 

Speaking of birthday celebrations, although her birthday was on Tuesday, she had already been asked out to meet up with different groups of friends. That is how popular she is. You know, how some people are popular for things that well, they shouldn't be proud of, but she's popular simply because she offers such an awesome friendship. Thanks to her, I've begun to make great effort in saving so that I use some some of the savings to find priceless experience like travelling for instance and also for security. 

I believe that her life is perfect because she is such a perfect human being. I know that nobody's perfect but you can be close enough to it. Being loved by family and friends, what more can you ask for. She provides happiness to other people and I believe, she will continue to do so, in years to come and I hope that our friendship will also stand the test of time.

Some pictures from our mini celebration! :)







follow me on http://instagram.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...