Beauty 101: Budget Eyeshadows, Eyeliner & Mascara

Been a long while since I last wrote about beauty. Honestly I have yet to abandon my love for make up although it hardly shows on my face. I'm the low key type of beauty person..ha! Anyway, if you are like me who don't wish to spend such big buck on make up and would rather spend on the essentials, there are some product recommendations that you can get to include in your stash. Best time is now if you want to get discounted price for some drugstore products.


You can get hold of this Loreal infallible eyeshadow which I lurve..


Loreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Hourglass Beige
According to the Loreal website:


Infallible Eyeshadows contain ultra concentrated colour pigments, for an intense colour finish and up to 24 hour long-lasting hold.
Immense, endless, breathtaking blue with a myriad of starry glimmers for eyes of exalted strength.

They do stay on but I've yet to test for 24 hours and the colour is intense. If there is one shade you wish to get, you can get the shade shown above called Hourglass Beige.

They are also affordable! I can't remember the actual price but I do know it is around SGD14.00 and some places are currently selling them on offer at only SGD11.00 plus!


Next is the Maybelline Color Tattoo which is NOT available in Singapore but it's just as great a drugstore product as the slightly higher end Mac products. 


Colours I would recommend is Bad to the Bronze and Tough as Taupe


Maybelline Tough as Taupe

Maybelline Bad to the Bronze


I personally have bad to the bronze because for a lazy person, sometimes I don't need multiple colours on my eyelids especially when I'm often running  late..heh. But this is a good colour to have has a bit of shimmer and yet neutral enough for you if you don't like bold colours on your lids. 


Tough as taupe works great as a base. It has no shimmer and you can pile on colours.


Both are best used with your finger although they are also best to pat on rather than rub on your lids.


You can get them from a local online shop


under twenty 20


Currently they have tough as taupe and Bold Gold. I like Bold Gold too and I have the colour as well. Bad to the bronze is currently OOS.


For more on them, you can read the review be Temptalia who is a known beauty blogger.

 http://www.temptalia.com/maybelline-color-tattoo-24-hour-eyeshadows-review-photos-swatches-part-1


Need to line your eyes with an intense colour but you can't really sink into the reality that  Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner cost $50?


You can get the Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner and the retail price is about SGD20.00.


Still think that it is overpriced? What isn't in Singapore? Look at me, I'm a cheapo too. Currently some NTUC Fairprice hypermart is having a 25% sales on Maybelline products. Sasa is having an up to 50% storewide sales so you can get them at less than the retail price for a limited time period.


Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner


One more for the road! Ahh yes..mascaras. Hate the mess later but love the big eye effect it gives.


I've got a pet  peeve with people wearing false eyelashes that are so obvious. I know the pain of putting them on and it beat having the clean up the mess later. But I prefer those natural looking fake eyelashes rather than the ones that look like they pasted some thick black hair on their lashes 


Anyhoo, if you just don't have the time to put on them falsies, try the Maybelline Falsies by Volume Express. Personally I have been a fan of Maybelline Volume Express and currently I am using the Magnum if I want intense looking eyelashes.


But apparently this is an even better product...after I had bought the Magnum -__-


I've heard a lot of great reviews on them by beauty bloggers and it is also not a high end brand and yet still pack a punch and give you that intense 'I have falsies on...NOT!' look.


Maybelline the Falsies Volum' Express
Retail price is around SGD20.00 so it's best to make use of the current available discount from Watsons, NTUC Fairprice hypermart or Sasa. 


It's Great Singapore Beauty Sales, baby!







I make cards..help support me! http://www.facebook.com/mylittlecardshop

Comments

Popular Posts