Long Time No Hear

Sometimes, some things, are better left unsaid. There are times where we want to shout to the world because it is hard to contain the excitement but if we want to be spared the ordeal later, then it's better that we keep quiet. Of course, there are people that we can trust to keep the secret and not blow it out of proportion. And only because we don't want to just keep it to ourselves.

But in life, when we don't learn things the hard way, we will never learn at all. Incidentally, that will also help us to keep our mouth shut at times...heh.

Anyway enough about that...even though I think in future I will still repeat the mistake unconsciously. I think Im one of those people where lightning will strike more than once. No offence to Merlion.

An old friend of mine has been contacting me recently via text messaging and the first message that she sent me left me a bit stunned. She asked to stay at my house for several days because she is very stressed. I did not reply and it is not because I want to be rude or anything but I just dont know what to say. Uhm, okay it's more because it is an awkward situation to put me in because I have not seen this girl for the longest time ever and suddenly she makes an 'appearance'. I still think our friendship will not wither if she does not focus too much time and energy on her one lone relationship and now that it turned sour, it's like I have to help her sort through her mess and stuff.

But Im not such a meanie to completely shut her out of my life. I try to be supportive but only in ways that are possible for me. We have really lost touch with each other a long time ago and you cant expect me to be like how I used to be back then when we were friends. Now she asked me if it was okay for her to be a property agent which was a far cry from her current job as a teacher where she earns a stable income every month.

I know that from young, she has been so driven with ways to earn money but honestly, if you ask me, all her efforts had been half baked. Yes she did manage to start a business which is one of the ways to earn good money but only if you are willing to work hard for it and follow through your plans. But if not earning fast enough makes you give up easily, then I dont think you are cut out to be a good business person.

Still, I know she does not give up easily and will somehow find a way to 'be rich'. Now her latest foray is entering real estate property and as much as I think that during such hard economic times where prices are falling hard and people are not willing to sell, there is another group of consumers who are willing to take advantage of the prices now and buy new property. I wasnt trying to discourage her when I said that it's okay except that it would be better for her to hold on to her stable job since the income of a property agent is not that stable especially when the economy is bad.

But she was like..if she doesn't try, she will regret it one day. Oh well, Im just trying to offer advice but it's really up to people to believe in themselves and follow what they think is the right thing to do even if others do not agree with it. Hey, there is such a thing as proving someone wrong and if she can find success in that field, then good for her. So I said if she had thought about it thoroughly and has herself mentally prepared..plus, if she has sufficient savings to tide her over difficult times, then there is really nothing to stop her. After all, a bad economy doesnt mean it's bad news for everybody.

The only concern I have for her is that she doesnt give up half way and stop having her head half way up in the air. I mean, come on, you gotta be realistic at times. And then if you keep doing things and then giving up easily, soon people will not be bothered about what you will do next and it is hard to find people who are willing to give you the much needed moral support when things dont go as planned.

post signature

Comments

Popular Posts