Happy New Year!!!!!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaPPPPPPppiie New Year! happy new, year..happy new yeaR!!

Yeah..'should all acquantaince be forgot..and never brought to mind?!!'

Personally, besides that song having serious grammatical errors, I think that it's a bit the lame lah everytime new year clocks in and the song just HAVE to be sung. Talking about lame..see what I came across just mere seconds ago http://weblog.rodneyb.com/blog/_archives/2003/12/18/9915.html

In other words, why csi:miami sucks was because of David Caruso...and to think that he came up with a list of it. I'll say...he's just jealous he's not in the show...

Anyway, a new year means a fresh new beginning right? Dont get in anymore financial mess..clear ur last year's debts..make sure u pay on time this time...don't get unnecessary loans or credit cards..just stay debt free! Ok, you don't have to pay the entire thing if you are running a little low in cash. So, make talking less on the phone and set a quota for sms per day..as ur new resolution! Remember: less talk time, means less money going out of the pocket! hahah...

Right..I'm bullshitting..

So, yeah...as usual, I want to 'up' a bit my financial standing by saving up just like how I did successfully last year. It was unbelievable..I saved $1k!! K, I know that is like onlie a month's worth of salary minus central provident fund deposit..but it was 'something'..u know!~ Yeah, it involved sacrifice..blood..tears..k, maybe not..........but there was definitely sacrifice alrite! One aspect of it...can be...I saved on food. This 'new' me says that if I don't want to work extra hard on the treadmill...id better not be eating junk food or eat oily snacks. That means no more Old Chang Kee day! Sounds ridiculous and even more ridiculous was how I so looked forward to it just like how I looked forward to watching Csi:Miami....

But okay..furthermore, despite my father getting some money to help us tide over difficult times..it was also enough for me to purchase some things that I would never have even bothered to look at just coz I know I wouldn't be able to afford. But, I guess it takes time before one day, I get to have such cool gadgets...just like how I waited more than ten years before I finally got one computer. Some things are just worth waiting..and boy, did I have..or still have so much fun with the computer which I could onlie dreamt of in school.

Then again..u know what?! I also learnt a painful lesson like doesn't mean that I can afford it already...means that I should get top notch stuffs also. If you need it, get it..if you don't need..then dont get it! It's onlie gonna be a waste of money...of course, I'm sure people want this function or that function for their mp3 player or handphone, or the latest gadgets, but if in the long run, they wont be using it, then why bother wasting money. Some people..I SO envy! I regret till now how I sold away my phone still in working condition just so that I could trade it for a camera fon. In the end, I hardly use the camera function...let alone the last handphone that I had which was the first megapixel phone..u know what happened to it now? I dropped it in a toilet bowl...right after I flush...and was adjusting my attire, the whole thing just plonked into the bowl..right before the second flush. Despite saving it from the gutters, it still died on me. BLoody hell..so I'm using the fone which I got from my last service plan after I lost my other phone. But anyway, that lost phone was useless too...still, I missed it coz it was with me for a year.

Talk about curse of the handphones! *curses*

Yeah, and I also remembered about one lost opportunity and how I pinned all my hopes on it, despite knowing the 'answer'..I knew from the very beginning..and even told them in their face, how I wasn't quite happy with the choice they gave me. But, I wanted to change so badly I relied heavily on GOd to change my fate. Still, I was back to square one..and at one point of time, was 'confused'. I tot God was there to help you along..but was disappointed at how I prayed to him almost everyday for this change of fate to happen..but no.....I was still faced with a gloomy future.

But, I guess God knows that I am half hearted about this whole affair....even though, I said to Him that I really wanted this opportunity. But deep deep inside, guess He knew..that I was rather heavy hearted in leaving my present job. I guess one day, when He knows I am 101% ready, that something will definitely change..oh well, for me...I recovered very quickly, surprisingly. I never felt so 'relieved'..sure, disappointment was there......but knowing the answer for sure this time, it puts an end to all my doubts. At least, for once...I still think that I am young and there's so many things out there for me! If this doesn't work out, other things may work out..and it can be the very thing..tht works for me.

So, you know what? Let's have some goals..I want to make goals..I went through the year 2005 with some goals...faced with disappointment...but at the end of it, I was happy that I didn't give up. At the start of the year, I wanted to change my outlook...lose weight..be healthier..but more than half a year later, I didnt suceed. I wanted to save money but halfway..things cropped up and I was disappointed coz I tot I would never get to save a decent amt of money. I wanted to change my fashion style....but I didn't lose weight fast enough...so I didnt get to wear the clothes that I had always wanted.

Guess what...I lost 9kg to the weight I was in back to pre U and before I piled up on the kilos...wear the MANGO label for a change..(tot I would NEVER fit into it..not even the L size)...saved more than 1K...(heh..the bonus added another 1K more)...and I can wear short skirts now coz I was determined to nurse back my ugly feet and scars back to the state (and yay, with discipline..my feet's no longer all dried up and covered in red and ugly scab marks!!)

I picked up a few free things on the way too...like a new digital camera, pda and photo printers along the way.....and i'm off to pick up newer things this year! haha...contests, here I come!

So you know what...those that got u down in the first place...like how I actually didn't suceed in losing weight by my birthday (but looked bloated instead...)...sometimes, make u stronger. But yeah...at the same time, im also scared of the things to come. Sure, they can be mighty exciting...but sometimes, not all news are good news. I'm already feeling scared when thinking about it.

But whatever it is..I'll try not to let it get down on me...Oh yeah, I will definitely go on less random shopping spree. Like if I have it already..I'm not gonna get another similar one also just coz the colour is a bit different..haha..! Well..it may cost just this much or that much...but if you add all that you have spent on altogether..u may not like the amount..haha..!

Alrite then....happy new year to you again and have a mighty 2006!!

Comments

Popular Posts