Embarassed Numerous Times by Salespeople..

Stand up for ur rights when you are a customer. Well, the customer service people are just like you and me..I guess we do have a fair share of ups and downs..but when some people choose to bring their anger and frustation to work. Why? It isn't nice to see a salesgirl..instead of serving the customer chose to hide in a corner of the shop and cry..or hang on the phone and cry while crying..maybe coz of relationship problem..I dunno. For me, if I am a customer, I would be thinking if I should carry on looking around the shop coz I dunno if she is capable of serving me since she's all wet at the eyes..or she's very emotional right now and Im scared to ask her...so what will I do? Leave the shop..unless there's someone who attends to me in replacement..but I wouldn't feel good looking around while a staff is crying her heart out in a corner. Im sure we dont like people to see us crying also...so I just feel that it's best to retreat somewhere outside the shop. Because it onlie shows a lack of professionalism if we show our emotions infront of customers. And what's worse..is when the salesperson has a bad day or is battling some personal problem..and then choose to take it out on a customer. Then that the potential customer..who obviously asks questions to make an informed purchase...will be taken aback by the salesperson's sarcastic and sometimes, rude remarks. Like when he thinks that we're asking the obvious..onlie that we don't know but by their standard, everyone seems to be asking that....we get snubbed. And they dont care if we choose to go to another shop because of their lack of professionalism coz we obviously come to buy and not to have a bad day.

Hey..we're humans and yeah..sometimes customers can get a bit nasty especially if they have the mentality that since they're paying, the sales people are practically at their beck and call. But it's basically give and talk lah. How can we respect someone if he or she is so glaringly rude at another person..

And oh yeah..one of my biggest grouch is definitely the kind of service providers who are out to embarass a customer infront of other customers. I realie dont like it..I'm usually patient and if the staff is new..I'll understand if they're a tad slower than the ones that have experience already. BUt I just hate it when I had been embarassed on several accounts. For example, I just entered the shop and that stupid sensor just had to 'ring' and they SAW me just entering also coz the cash register was facing that two sensor boards at the entrance. Like how can I steal...when I just entered?!! So okay, some person forgot to scan the barcode at the previous shop or didn't scan finish and miraculously, I could leave the shop without the sensor sounding. But in the next shop with sensors, it picked up on the barcode.

Seeing other people turning to look at me is already embarassing...but when the very people who saw me enter the shop demand to check my bags thoroughly.....I would be so damn angrie. And it happened to me..twice! And both are bookshops..bloody hell...if not for the stationeries, I wouldn't step in one at all. Can't believe that they opened my bag and searched through plastic or paper bags for the damned item which caused the sensor to go haywire. The second time I got checked...he said that he just wanted to find that item. You sure or not?! I just entered the bloody shop you know...how can I pick one up right at the entrance? The sensor board itself?

So I just like..do whatever you want lah..by that time..guess he noticed that I wasn't looking too happy by my expression. I didn't want to be angrie also coz that night we just celebrated my birthday and I don't thinK I want to spoil the mood. When he finished going through the things, he asked what was inside the paper bag I was holding as I didn't pass him that one. I said that I didn't buy these things...these were my birthday gifts. I kinda sulked coz I tot that he was going to mess up these gifts too but he looked like he was sorry..I dunno...maybe he then realised that he just ruined my birthday mood..I dunno..haha..But he stopped at that and he said that he couldn't find anything that could have caused the sensor. Well..there you go!

Anyway, in the end...when my friend and I were like thinking what would cause that since I didn't even buy anything except food which, by then, had gone inside my stomach already lah...hehe..So, we sorta find a 'victim'..haha..our own friend and sure enough that sensor thing went off. But the security asked to see the bag lah..and this one, was the right thing..coz we were LEAVING the shop..luckily, the friend who got me the book from some book warehouse sale..said that it could be from the barcode stuck on at the back of the book. It wasn't scanned coz it was a clearance sale at some visitor centre and the salespeople had to key in the discounted price instead of scanning the barcode.

Anyway, I just forget about the matter after awhile even if prior to that, I felt like some stupid person. I don't like it when the cashier who attended to my fast food order forgot about giving me the burgers or some food item which they owed me even though I was standing right at the empty counter beside them. Then another time, I was sitting right at the table nearest to the same register, and they STILL forget about giving me what I ordered. Like come on..I am right here and they still forget. what's worse when the second time around, there was practically onlie one order..before some time another customer came...and empty again. In other words, no crowd and he STILL didn't give me my burger.

I tot of seeing how long he will take to give me the burger..but I also contemplated on buying another burger from another cashier coz I didn't want to go up and ask where my burger was. Then coincidently, the managers from the fast food restaurants, who also did their share of work like delivering food to the table...didn't even ask me if I was waiting for anything. Hello..I am not a sitting duck..but I got stares from them coz I guess they're thinking since I am not buying food..why Im here..and also, why I keep looking at them doing their work. If they think that I was such a hindrance, shouldn't they be shooing me off or something? Stop with all this staring game lah..please..


But I didn't know what drove me..I just found myself getting up immediately after my patience just reached the last bar and I asked in such a quick manner...'Excuse me..where is my fillet burger?!' You see thats why..I just hate it when it had to be 'special order' like my brother eats his fillet burger from mcdonalds without sauce. Most of the time it was okaylah despite the waiting..but it was getting too much..I wanted to really see how long the blur kid will take but I was not about to put everything that I planned to do just because of this stupid thing. And I didn't want to act stubborn either by refusing to ask him. So, I guessed my demanding voice and my pissed off look kinda scared them out...and somehow..he KNEW I was asking for the one without sauce even though I jz said fillet burger onlie. Still, he was saying something to his friend, and doing in such OH SO SLOW...manner when packing my burger probably about how he made his mistake. He said sorry but didn't seem to apologetic about it like saying 'sorry' for the sake of it..

Yeah..I know my usual habit is usually the no comment sort but I just HAD to say 'SO SLOW!' to him..to wake him up because if he can't handle my order of just a pathetic burger..if the hordes of crowd start to stream in..u think he can is it?

It's like..it's not just the mcdonalds at the hougang st 21 branch..the delifrance in the hougang mall...would you believe...there was NO OTHER CUSTOMER ....but yet..we had to wait for some time for the bread pudding..although the waitress asked us already if we wanted our dessert. So we waited...and our tables were messy..they didn't bother to clean it up...even up to the point the dessert was served. I mean..hey..if the restaurant was packed, they got all the reasons..but we're like..the onlie customers? hello?! They were just walking around just outside the kitchen..doing what..I dunno...

So my mum got impatient a bit and my brother..who ate too much and too quickly...was feeling a bit nauseous so she had to call the waitress a few times..coz she was dreaming and didn't hear my mum. My mum asked if the dessert was ready..and she forgot..yeah..she asked us if we were ready and we thought that she alerted the kitchen staff or something..but she didn't. She just went about pacing up and down.

After waiting yet again...my brother was complaining..said that he wanted to go home already coz he didnt feel alrite. So when it came FINALLY..my mum asked to pack it instead coz we didnt have time anymore.

GOsh....I don't expect royalty treatment..reallie...but I think that this applies to everybody. Leave your personal problems behind and do your job properly. You know how some people just dont have the drive anymore to work because they were simply not interested? Well, somehow, even me..will reach a point where it's time to simply move on. But if we can persevere..why not? But if we can't, then better to find an alternative if not we will simply 'dump' all our unhappiness and frustrations on unsuspecting victims, be it our customers, our colleagues or even the company itself. Usually, such companies which make money, will bring down a portion of their profits to the staff so the benefit for the staff too for working so hard. And the additional income can come in handy for us because after all, it is our sheer hard work.

And also..doesnt mean we have a bad day..we have to spoil someone else's day as well. I don't want to come out of a shop..so darn embarassed or pissed off because of the saleperson behaviour. I am trying to be nice and not so demanding but at times, I am being treated like some idiot who is simply too nice to voice out. But nowadays, I have been rather daring coz I don't like to be treated unfairly. Like just because I stood quite near the sensor in watsons, in hougang mall, didn't mean that I was going to steal the items I was holding. Maybe they knew also but it was embarassing enough for me when the salesperson asked me to put my things on the cash counter because I was making the sensor went off. But..how come onlie me who was asked to do that? They put the things on the shelf just beside the sensor and I looked unaware of the sensor there..and suddenly, I felt like I was some kind of potential thief.

Maybe if they could have offered me a basket instead to put my items which I was half struggling to put my shopping items like how they offered to other people..I wouldn't be so offended. But for my case onlie, to ask to leave the things at the counter, was a bit out of line. Still, I managed to be nice..yet firm..and said no when he was about to take my things without asking me in full yet. But I said thank you like maybe he meant no harm or something..but hey..u'll never know.

I guess the key is to treat the customers how you would like to be treated..coz I doubt anyone wants to be treated by a salesperson with an attitude problem. Strike a balance somewhere...no need to be a 'shadow' and tag the potential customer. Just be there when we asked for help instead of pretending that they had to attend to something by diverting their eye contact with us..so other salesperson would take the responsibility instead.

It's so sad that Singapore hasn't' gone that far yet when it comes to being considerate for other needs as well. Don't keep blaming the govt for making our people concern about themselves onlie..like making a pregant woman stand in a crowded train..while the commuter looked at her and her stomach...as if she's odd or something. Sad rite? Yeah..that's a fact of life..watever it is, life moves on....

Comments

Popular Posts