Dont Segregate us pooR customeRs

You know what..I somehow found myself to be a wee bit vocal especially when it comes to some people who just could not be bothered or are too pretentious. If it's just once a month or twice a month..i'll somehow wil forget about the issue in the next instance..like heh..typical behaviour. But to encounter almost 5 bad incidents is like...whoa..especially if just within the space of one a half week..how BAD can that be..

Look...I know people have been rather hard on the service providers..and the media turned the table towards the service providers..and hear what they got to say. Hey..to me..this is a give and take situation...not all customers are meanie or are born with not a single 'nice' feeling in their soul. And not all service providers are providing a good service as it is..Okay, I know also that we cant be DAT happy everyday and not have a single bad day. I do too...and it doesn't help that right now, my two major problems are people either looking down on me or my family when we go out..or when they just cant be bothered about their customers.

I dont expect to be followed around the shop and just as I chanced upon something...someone will be there asking 'can i help you?'..like hello? I happened to stop and not get a chance to see something up close...and you're like 'can i help you?' But of course..I didn't try to be rude to them..so I'll just flash a small smile and say it's okay..or I'll just apologise saying to give me awhile..However, almost everytime they'll give me a 'look' like they're not happy with me for chasing them away when here they are just simply trying to ask if I need any help. And that could kill my mood coz it gave me the impression that they were thinking that I was just browsing around..and wouldn't buy anything so I denied their help. Okay, if you want..next time, I'll glare at you as well yeah when you follow me to a T? And yeah..some people just dress up better than me...and with a partner on tow or with a group of friends who are wearing branded things on them..while I'm just a single person walking around.

But I wouldn't be too happy if there is a huge significance in the way they're handling the customers like they're trying to segregate us or something. Like at one time, my and my brother went to swensons together and we were dressed really simple...while the people infront of us..(Was quite a long queue) were dressed up for it..We lined up for almost 15 minutes and I expected to wait since it was a saturday. Okay..so of coz..we got excited when we were just one number away..and the ahem..restaurant manager on duty....that time asked the family infront of us for an early order. But halfway through, a table was ready for them already. So yeah...technically, me and my brother was next. Then guess what..she came back...and she ignored me.

Okay..fine..maybe a table wasnt ready yet or something..but what IRRITATED me thereafter was how dare she SKIPPED me and my brother and asked the family behind us instead. If you were me, what do you think you would do? I tried to be calm coz I tot maybe she was thinking we're part of the family..I didn't look like I was in my age as I really dressed down in a t shirt and face sans make up and the hair a bit the messy..And yeah..u know what..they got in. My brother and I was still standing there like...like...........idiots. She still looked at us and never asked us still......I was looking at the promotions on this banner they put on a stand. It was almost 8 minutes later..standing right infront of the podium..and I guessed she finally can put a finger on it..that we were there not to ogle at the banner. We were there to eat. Maybe I was looking pissed off also and commented like hey...how come she never asked us..to my brother.

So THEN she asked me....'uhm mam...you're ready to order? I was more like ready to leave!! Gawd..............why can't people look beyond the potential customers' appearance and treat each one equally. You dont have to give them a bad service just because we don't look 'high class' or GOd forbids I say this..coz me and my family is malay? Man I hope that is not true. I know sometimes it does seem odd when my family will be the onlie malay in the whole of the restaurant..sometimes I noticed that it was when we ordered quite a lot as my mum sometimes can be a bit generous..haha...we were treated quite nicely after that like if we need a refill and clearing our tables on time..like they give us attention.

But that's not always the case...even if we buy a lot, we get stares from the waiters and the customers besides us...but it's not like they're so 'wow!' by the number of plates we have. I still think it's not a lot like..it's just maybe two for my brother and one each for my mum and me and we also ordered some side dishes. Or maybe we're not as 'stingy' like a couple who buys a plate of food and share with each other and still is demanding about it as say...they want their drumlets still very hot and demand for a change.

I get the impression that they're thinking we cant afford to pay this later so err..maybe they're thinking of the ways to help them get the money for food..haha...I tot okay..I think too much..but it would be so damn unfair if the people who got there after us..had received and tucked in to their foods but we still have one or two dishes still pending...and we would ask once if they had received our order for that dish and then they would check it out. Still..........what happens after that..I dont know...yet again, they took their time serving us..and if onlie I had a pillow at that time, I would sleep waiting for its arrival even though at that time. I am just not like my mum..she can boldly ask when will the food be ready and sent to ur table...but she will wait first and after so long..then she'll ask but if repeatedly we still had not received any orders...we will then hear her telling that we waited for a long time. My mum still looked cheery even when inside she was mad when her patience had been tested. In a way..I think I am becoming like her slowly but in a different manner. SOmetimes you have to wake the people up a bit because they can forget they're working right now or they are bored with their job. But at the rate some people are going, I think they're bored with their life too..heh..that's not my problem...Like I think it is best to leave ur personal problems at home and get on with your life right now in the working world.

Well..I am too sleep to continue on this so I guess I'll persuade this a bit the longer later tonite....or u will see mouching..i mean touching..(see what I mean..) the keyboard and keying anything my fingers lay on..haha..

Comments

Popular Posts