"Stupid Retrofitting of Windows..."

yah..i know i haven't been posting to my blog. I guess i wanted to take a back seat not just from writing but also from surfing net and checking my email..though I did check like twice onlie i guess last week. for almost a week..I had this headache from problems at home and at work. It's like my mum never made so much noise about me not taking on leave and not being on mc for so long to at least help her around at home. She was very worried about the contractor coming next week to check e screws at our windows because of some stupid govt law legislation that all rusty rivets have to be changed. I know it's ultimately about safety but the fact that we are at risk of being cheated of contractors taking advantage of us and the hefty fine that we have to pay if we did not change....is a bit too much. It's like on one hand u should change because the govt told u so but on the other hand, who cares if you have to fork out a few hundreds which will be at our expense and none of their business if we got cheated.

anyway.....was quite peeved at the receptionist at hdb when we asked what happens if the contractors were not available to inspect our flat anymore as i called like more than a dozen numbers as given by her in a list. when we came back to her said that we tried..she was like did u try to call ALL of the hundred over numbers? she was sure one of them would still be able to help. I know she was just doing what she has been scripted to say but was peeved at the moment she said that it was implemented last year and we should have got it done way sooner. We wouldn't have gone through this trouble if we had done back then. And hdb don't hire contractors or technicians to go to our flat to check...there is no such thing. It's totally up to us to choose the contractors. Then wouldn't it be just nice if it's up to us if we choose NOT to install for the sake of other's safety? It's like once they hit a jackpot..thats it...EVERYBODY will have to abide. If not, u have to pay a fine. But thats it...no financial help is offered for those who may have difficulties paying especially if they are unlucky enough to be cheated by unscrupulous contractors. Or those who are living in the much older rental flats...like they're trying to make ends meet here but because of some govt legislation, they have to fork out a few hundreds that will do them good for a couple of months...just to have the rivets replaced.

by the way....my mum retorted back saying that we have financial difficulties initially before getting our means to accumulate cash for this window thing. Then she was like...oh......and took a queue number to discuss with hdb in regards to our financial difficulty. And I was like...k...we are not going anymore with this. It's too late to call back our previously hired contractor of which the appt was actually due tmw. My auntie....of whom my mum listened to MORE than me...apparently cancelled the appt coz she said that hdb will handle everything. They determine if our window rivets need replacement. Like hell they will do that....and also finding a contractor for us. They onlie appoint specific contractors whose background and other things are not of significant to them except that they have such service available onlie. So turned out the hdb did not want a part in this.....it's like u go ahead and handle whatever it needs to be handled and handover the form to us.

So there I was calling the list of numbers without any positive result coz it seemed that everyone had been fully booked. I called and called to my mum's constant annoying nagging saying I give up easily of which I didn't coz I was just so frustrated they either never picked up or were not willing to do anymore. And I wasn't happy with her too coz I told her a few times saying that no...he won't be fitting in the rivets straight away..he was just going to inspect that was it. If there was a need....he would be informing us and then we choose to make the appt with him later. It's not like straight away u sign on the dotted line. But no...............she had to listen to my aunt and she was angry with me for calling up the contractor instead of hdb and what is my aunt good at? She sms ed me in an angry manner for screwing things up. Like hello..? Her resale flat is probably below 5 years...so that could be why her flat need not be inspected. Ours was so darn clear coz it's 8 years..... Then in the end, when her husband scolded her for just canceling like that without prior consultation with hdb first.....and that it was just inspection.....she then realised her mistake. But of course....who had to take the next responsibility after the mess? ME....and having a mum who will never admit defeat but hides her embarassing defeat with even more annoying lectures....I felt so tortured and my headache that has been with me for awhile..suddenly came strong. It's like I felt like my world was spinning a bit and I was in a daze.

It was like the whole week..I had to put up with her nonsense as sometimes..I don't think she knows what she is saying....till I'm like hands up...okay! i'll go and do it..of which she retorts back...'later lah....have to do this or that'....then I said then u keep nagging so I'll just go and do it and get rid of whateva u asked to be done. She said I have no patience and I went back to my room. Then AGAIN...she started saying that everyone is useless at home....no one bothers to see what needs to be done...and I was like...ARRGHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I tot I offered help and she turned it away and now she was acting like I never bothered. So can u imagine her doing that for every single day AND nite?! People already gave her ample of time to clean the house..coz she gets paranoid if someone is coming over. But no....she do other things instead like going out with my aunt almost everyday who onlie knows how to sponge off my mum recently. Or she'll talk to my mum for a long time till my mum can't do any work because she'll keep calling and calling till my mum picks up or she never seems to put the fon down.

I mean..u can't keep blaming people for making u do things as if we informed u in the last minute. And this headache just stuck on me....because I am not able to sleep well coz of my mum's irrational and constant nagging...and I don feel so tired of which I turned to my new game The Sims 2 and played till like 4am. As a result...my body feels so weak like I was going to be sick..though in the end I didn't..I onlie have this headache as if gnawing my brains. Today I took medicine from the doctor who gave me painkillers which were effective the minute I swallowed them with a bottle of water. It is like the whole burden has been lifted off me and I was able to carry on my life....of course....my mum still instructed me to buy things from a few places in the hot sun. But I no longer felt like my head had blown up to twice its size tat I have to prop it with pillow.

So yeah...hope the burden of this window thing will quickly be over and done with. I can onlie go this far...........or until my painkillers are finished.

Comments

Popular Posts