"Nerve Wrecking Trip to Doctore"

I have no idea why I have not been writing..hell, that's so unlike me! there's just like so many things happening within this week..I just dont know where to start..argh! and i'm not even done with uploading the pics from the last two events happening in the same week! double argh! yeah yeah....thanks for the 'gentle' reminder..heh.

Okay...I've worked my ass off trying to lose a teeny bit of weight so I'd looked a bit good when I went out with my friends on my bdae. But...I failed the battle half way and by the time I finally met up with them with the advanced bdae celebration...I onlie looked a bit better. Hell....

Whateva...the important thing is that...I took initiative. I took the initiative to embark on a journey which I had long forgotten ever since leaving for O.I. It was like a great big..supposedly..never ending party as I didn't have to bring myself to torturous P.E. lessons anymore. When I say torturous..it is by no means putting myself through an ancient torture chamber where my limbs are slowly being pulled apart. It was worse..hah! Coz being someone on the heavy side...AND..! having a brain that just wont motivate no matter what.....running and all those associated with the physical tests were akin to making me give up my life to marry a leacherous bald old man. But this year..I strived to be healthier and I embarked on that mission: to exercise and hopefully lose weight. It was running smoothly until yeah...I had to have that non stop flu..(can't believe I fell ill twice in just one month apart) which made me lethargic....and put me off my exercise regime and instead make me wallow in food. And it doesn't help that my father's recent windfall in the form of cheques as interests for his shares make my mum often having dinner at swenson's and pizza hut. Argh..the glutton in me has woken up!

It was definitely depressing when my weight slowly went up from 0.5 to 1kg....in mere weeks before my bdae! Argh...stress! And it made me do what I will never thought of doing..getting help. I bought pills off the shells which supposedly would help me to lose weight and at the same time, curb my hunger. And guess what.......do NOT be fooled by the adverts. I repeat...DO NOT be fooled by the adverts. You know why? Because....it promised you that it will help you to burn fat and psychologically.....after you pop the pill...u think everything is gonna be fine when you have to eat food that is pretty high in fat or oily. Hah...how many healthy choices do we have out there?! Even if there are..they can be ridiculously expensive considering they consists of vegetables I can buy off the market are dirt cheap nowadays. When nothing happened, for like the first week of eating, I tot..well..............maybe I'm rather slow. Coz I have been in this state for as long as I can remember. NOT that I am one of those celebrities who squeal for every inch or pound that they put on. Then two weeks later...I realised I have been gaining weight right up to 2kg. And that is IT! I was thinking that it was strange that I haven't been eating a lot and exercising for even 3 continuous days in a week! Yeah..of course I'm pretty sad about it but life is about self discovery at times. Like how I finally gave in to my desperation as time was running out and I took the 'easy' way out. Perhaps...the pills do work....but I became quite complacent in terms of my diet. I followed my appetite...where it wants to go..it will go there...as I relied on these supposed pills thinking that they will help me out no matter what I eat. Haiz..at the end of the day..it is still about having the right balance in life.

When I stopped those pills...my colleague who recently lost weight and had e people at my workplace in awe with her weight loss.....asked me and another colleague when we wanted to go to her doctor. I didn't want to actually thinking that it was just a gimmick for the doctor to make money but at the end of the day....it is Still about you controlling ur diet as well as exercising regularly. But not wanting to be like a sour puss and plus..I did promise her I'd go previously. But then again...if it did work on 'real' people...not celebrities...and the fact that they lost weight within a month...I tot hey..it's worth a try. Futhermore..this IS a doctor..a qualified physician and not me trying to act my own doctor.

I tell ya...it was nerve wrecking. I couldn't sleep well the night prior to that....coz the fact that I would be consulted regarding this matter on a face to face basis and then having all the necessary measurements...I just didn't think that I want to go through this. But thinking also that if my colleagues could seek professional help..so could I. And after hearing my woes and also them having their own personal deadlines....we three decided to go together. I was the onlie newbie there....when it comes to slimming pills. I had not eaten a single slimming pill all my life. Okay..the pills I ate instead were actually those starch blockers thingeys? Yeah...err...unless u consider them to be slimming pills lah..I dunno.

Before the consultation...I kept telling my colleague that maybe I don't wish to go....or....maybe I'll go..but for a different treatment like my rashes maybe? On the other hand....I do wish to lose some weight but isn't there another way to do this instaed of being consulted? Argh...!!! I didn't want to disappoint my colleagues too since they wanted to help me besides helping themselves. And the fact....they were willing to share their secret with me..I'm doubly honoured. Even up to the point I was already under the void deck where the clinic was...and also within the clinic too...I was scared as hell. I never liked going to doctors....which pretty much answered the fact that I would onlie be on mc if I'm really sick and felt like dying. But my colleague's friend who was also the clinic assistant suggested that me and another colleague..who were first time visitors to the clinic would go in together..made me a bit relieved since I didn't have to go through the ordeal myself. HOWEVER!........the weight that I have been hiding for so long from anybody......would be made known to her whether or not anyone of us asked for it since it would be virtually impossible for the doctor to keep mum about it unless I made him sign a death pact.

Okay, I was extra nervous when I was in the clinic though the doctor was actually nice. I was quiet throughout making the doctor think that I didn't understand what he was saying. Actually...think that whateva he said..onlie half was audible to me. Then..it happened. The weight and height measurements..argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When my colleague went first..and he said it out..though not for the purpose of telling me..I felt thats it. I am DEAD.

haiz..through enough..though my colleague was already prepared not to hear...coz I made her so..haha..the doctor just HAD to talk to her...and when she said something..he read out my weight at the same time. DAMN YOU DOCTOR! Think my colleague heard it...but she was being nice and all..by not acting shocked I think. I was of course bloody embarassed. Then again...I could not shut the doctor's mouth. At most perhaps..she would think like 'wow'...and also the doctor's assurance that we can go through this treatment together and the fact that I am seeking professional help for my problem...is a huge factor in itself.

then of course...he was talking about having a no carbo diet..blah blah. Eating a bigger proportion of vegetables...and if we felt like eating or snacking..we would just eat a slice of fruit or drink fruit juice. But in my head..was thinking...shoot! no carbo?!! That's like asking me to be anorexic! But I was willing to give it a try though I don't think I would totally be on a strict no carbo diet. So far so good though...I had little carbo or no carbo at all when it comes to eating. And then..he also told us that the pills that he was gonna give do not act as a fat buster. What it does..is to train us psychologically to avoid food in high carbo and high fat..throughout the 3 mth treatment. It would curb our hunger so we don't crave for snacks all the time. Then tot to myself..like wow? If it is not gonna help me combat fat...what's the point of me eating the pills?!!! But the doc was being nice and all.......and not being like the typical doctors that I encountered before with no sense of friendliness. K...............................I'll give them a try.

The next day..in my hurry..I forgot to bring my pills and told my colleague that I could not start the treatment as I left my pills at home. But she said..it's okay..she'll give one of hers. Darn...! tot i could escape..heh..SO! Ate the pill like right before we left the school we conducted the eye check..of which my colleague just stashed at me. Well........i didn't feel anything unusual and my colleague suggested eating at Long John Silver since it serves little or no carbo but meat. Wahey..not bad....not bad...

During our meal...we each discussed how we felt. My colleague who was more experienced with such pills said that she didn't quite feel like the previous pills she took that made her lose appetite almost immediately when she sees food. I said..so did I. I still felt like eating the meal. However...what I DID notice after that was...I didn't crave for snacks throughout the day...including after the fitness walk in the evening at The Padang. True..I did feel hungry like around 3 plus after a few hours of taking the pill...but not to the extent I badly want to eat something to curb the hunger. Then I tot.....woz..this is totally working!

Then after the walk and I reached Kovan where I had to bypass the shopping centre to get to Mcdonald's for my family's dinner takeaway...I so wasn't tempted by the snacks. Though I onlie eat Old Chang Kee once a week...I always have the urge to eat it on other days besides the designated Thursday. I looked at the waffle pancakes and also the pastries at Delifrance...nope.....not a bit of desire to eat them. Even in Mcdonalds where I was buying dinner...I didn't feel like eating a cheeseburger or something. I just wanted to drink something.

Oh! One of the things the doctor says about the medicine is that it won't make us crave for food..but it will make us thirsty. I can tell ya....your mouth feels like you haven't eaten anything for so long. Then..it makes u want to drink more water or eat sweets to get rid of that yucky taste. Water or sweets will onlie make it taste better for awhile before I start having that yucky taste again....bleurgh...!

True lah...during my bdae gathering yesterday which I was determined not to eat too much carbo..I didn't feel like I wanted to sample everything. I ate my portion...and simply had a few bites from the shared foods. I still enjoyed the dinner though....but was glad I didn't appear like a glutton..haha..

Oh yeah..for the record, I lost one kilo in a mere two days...after eating the pill as I didn't eat much as well as I exercised when I did the 2.5km walk for the Fitness Day at Padang. It was enough to boost my confidence back when I met my friends at Breeks the following day knowing that I managed to at least lose something after I felt that I lost the battle. I even wore jeans which I had been avoiding like the plague coz I tot it will never fit me...though I didn't feel superbly model like in them...I had the confidence to wear 'em. What a difference the pill made to my life!

Yeah...I know u might be thinking that since the bdae celebration is over....I don't have to engage in the battle of the bulge anymore. Know what?! I think I had a good start..though it was filled with trials and tribulations..but the fact that I finally did something about it and not giving up, is
a huge effort in itself. Phewh...so much to be done! haha..oh well....that's life!

Comments

Popular Posts