Skip to main content

Finished Way too EaRlie

well..i forgot to update regarding the security id card mentioned in my previous entry. well..my colleague who arrived first verified that it was indeed there..phew..and then i promised not to be absent-minded anymore. Like check means check..no compromising on that! hrm...actuallie we got a little bit of a crisis here. the problem with the current schedule is that there is a bit of time left after we screen the first class in the morning. that means teachers or even principals can easily squeeze in another class for screening..which is ahead of our schedule which is one class per session onlie..for eg one class in the morning and the rest of the time is for paperwork. it's like as much as we want to finish up the class quickly just like the teachers not liking us to stay and occupy their space...we have to adhere to the schedule as per given if not we'll have like one or two days extra since we finish it a bit too quickly. And..u think that's not bad?! It's bad!! You know why...since we're short handed, they're just grab any available officers to go and 'float' to another team who requires help if there's onlie one person on hand while the team mate is sick or on urgent leave. If the two alreadi assigned floaters have other jobs on hand, like covering those who have booked their leaves in advance, then they cannot possibly be at another place covering the one on mc. So, yes people who happened to finish earlie like moi will be deployed instead whether we like it or not. Whether we have to travel damn far beyond our assigned coverage aread, they don't care. We're so short handed that grabbing anyone that is free of any external assignment will be taken instead.
And..And...having one of the lousiest supervisors around who seem to bear a grudge on innocent people like u and me...and who spends his free time when the big boss is not around disturbing the fellow workers of similar calibre as him...it's super NOT easy. You know why? Whether there are enough people or not for coverage, whether u are on half day or wat...he doesn't care! He just doesnt like u in the office if u don't have any field duties that day and ask u to 'get out'..I mean attach ourselves to other teams. Yes, I suppose other teams who apparently don't need any help coz they have it alreadi, will see us as leeches supposedly sent out to them and restricting them. Like..'whatcha doin' here?!'..But yes..being the irritating supervisor who just want to be left alone with his other colleagues of the same standing as him, he will chase us out. Even though there was this one time I told him I can't possibly go out coz I was on half day leave. But no..he said that I still can go out. What the hell? And then like what...waste my transport money just like that..after having to travel to office..and then from office to the school for like how long? TWO HOURS ONLIE?!!!!!!!!!! And then go back after that? Gee...I suddenly feel so DUMB FOR DOING THAT!!
What does he know? He was asked to go out and do our job...the easiest part of it...and he went back to office 'crying' like a child on tantrum on why he should be doing our job? Apparently, we were so short handed that even our supervisors had to be sent out. So, yes being mummy's favourite boy, after that he can sit down quietly at his desk while his other poor colleague, another supervisor, goes out during those short handed periods to do part of her job requirement in case we're reallie down. In case he forgets, that's also HIS job requirement too..whether he likes it or not. Babies.

Anyway, I am off to work. Wish me luck!..heh heh..i'm catching fantastic four today..woohoo!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...