Rise Above it All & Be Truly Happy

I hope that with my new salary next month onwards, things will start to get a bit better. I know for sure that it is not going to be easy at first because I'm still in debt and I need to pay them off slowly but surely although I do hope that if I ever get bonus for July, I will use most of it to pay. I don't like to owe money and be in debt and on top of it, being chased by creditors. I hate it. 

I've mentioned about how I was unable to cope with the rising prices due to inflation which lead me to borrow money from people and also from banks. I really really want to put it all behind me. Even if it is going to take me a year, I will most definitely want to break free from this cycle.

Meanwhile, I would like to start afresh in terms of my purpose in life by pursuing things that I love doing and to spend time building on the foundations of what I deem as being truly happy and sincere. We all make mistakes and the first thing we should do is to admit that we've made those mistakes. I believe that some things that we do, we do it because we have to or at that moment of time, all rational thoughts are momentarily forgotten. Sometimes things happen because we've lost that purpose in life or we have lost focus that we end up doing things without realizing the impact of it later on and how it is going to affect ourselves or our loved ones.


Look, even the hardest of criminals can turn their lives around and make good with it later. It's just a matter of whether we want to change or we just want to remain stagnant and forever be dealing with problems that shouldn't be there at all in the first place. Life is unpredictable but sometimes we unconsciously make things more difficult than it already is.


So if you are like me, who sometimes find yourself 'lost' in life, it's time to sit down and think about what we really desire to do that will help us shift our focus into finding the true meaning of life. I guess because we get quite pampered too much because everything seems to be made easy for us. We don't have to walk long distances to work because we are well connected here in Singapore (assuming we don't have frequent train breakdown nowadays), food is readily available and we don't have to harvest our own vegetables to survive and all we need to do is hop on down to the nearest supermarket. We are hooked up to the internet almost 24/7 except when we are sleeping. So we become complacent and in the midst of it all, lose the passion for life.


Therefore it's time to reignite that passion for life and start pursuing our interests. Even amidst our busy schedule, we can still do something to make us happy and achieve a good meaningful life.


"Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence." —Aristotle

follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts