Right Attitude in Life

It's been awhile since I've blogged. Been a little down lately and not focused but don't worry, everything is going to be fine and dandy :)

What I learnt from this 'blues' experience is that we are all different. Some things don't go as planned and end up adding more burden to my already burdened life but as quoted, there is no such thing as mistakes. Well, I don't know if you believe in that but let's take it with a pinch of salt. Basically these 'mistakes' allow you to grow and learn from experience. So in other words, it is not a mistake. It is a learning experience.

Anyway, the blues come about when I felt that I am holding on to more responsibilities that I am spreading myself too thin. Last time I used to remember that I wish I have things to do at work. It was so boring the last 2 and a half years of my working life at my current workplace. Reason was that my boss didn't trust me enough to do my share of work and my then colleague has been the apple of her eyes because she's so independent and impeccable in her work that she wouldn't miss a step from 1 to 10. 

However she had her strengths and weaknesses which of course my boss chose to 'ignore' her weaknesses. But nevertheless, when she left, it was my turn to shine and whatever I couldn't do previously due to the unspoken limitations imposed by my ever perfectionist colleagues, I managed to do. It was a very steep learning curve and I remembered making mistakes pretty frequently but I tried NOT to let them get down on me. 

I showed my boss what I was capable of. True I am NOT the best event organizer and I lack leadership quality but she guided through me in areas that I am weak at. I know that I am eager to learn and eager to put in my hard work. I am proud to say that it lead me to my first ever promotion :)

Still, it took a toll on me like I felt so....down. It got very boring because all this hard work is so..er..demanding on myself.

However now I just tell myself that it's just work burnout. Try not to think about it too much and just move forward. Continue to focus and train myself to do proper work and make less repeated mistakes. Take things one at a time and ensure that I follow through my work and do things less haphazardly as these will only make me more stressed out if I don't get to complete them or make even more mistakes. More importantly, I think that it helps to be less distracted at work. We always complain that we don't have time but sometimes distractions whether at work or in our own personal lives can get the better of us. Even a mere small distraction can be costly. There is a time and place for everything and when we have to focus, we jolly well focus.


It also pays to plan. I find that when you draw up a strategy plan, whether at work or in your personal life, on what you need to do to achieve something helps. It always works to plan. This also allows you to be less distracted and be more focused on what you can do to make things work for YOU instead of AGAINST you.

For me, I think the best is for us to just find a quiet place or a quiet time to really sit down and write down on what makes us tick. First thing first, we must love ourselves and truly believe that we must do things to ensure our well being emotionally and physically. Then in order to succeed, what are the steps we can take to get from one point to another. It helps to visualize ourselves the happy ending because seeing the big picture can help to motivate us towards working on it.


I have this notebook which I'm supposed to write about what I wanna do to achieve this life I have envisioned. My big picture is pretty simple but meaningful. I just want to achieve a life where I don't compare myself to others and put myself down. I want to be able to held my head up and say hey, these nitty gritty things don't bother me. I am special in my own ways. 


The way to achieve what we want out of our life is to simply have a positive mindset saying hey, we can do it and also to have the right attitude towards life.





follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts