Bloggers Misunderstood

This week signalled the end of the September holidays and FINALLY, some 'me' time at my clinic. Okay, technically, not my clinic but my company's satellite clinic but still, good enough what. I do have my own table and computer....supposedly...my own room and my own fridge...not really, again. But heck, that's not the main thing. I am not about to turn this office to have the same settings as my own bedroom because I do get visits by these young patients and parents so Im still thinking if I should I put up the pictures of David Caruso unless I want the parents of these young kids to know that this officer is smitten by a guy twice her age. But if a bloody famous singer very very the well known could fall in love and marry a new divorcee exactly 20 years older than her and had co-produced four kids with a royalty member, why cant I simply admire David? You see, sometimes the society needs to grow up a bit la. No one is against George Clooney being the sexiest Male alive and he is up there in the top ranks with Brad Pitt even though his hair is..how do I put it nicely...almost white. But see David now! His hair is a nice gingery colour which he poked fun at it once during an episode of csi:miami to a little young girl. He gets a bit ke-pish if people don't address him as Lieutenant especially criminals but not for children. To them, they're all the same people who wear blue uniform so get a bit puzzled if they are not wearing the sexy uniform...*ahem*....and they collectively call them police officers. But instead of differentiating them with his muflfled 'lieutenant' thingey, he said something like 'but not all of them have red hair'. Awww.....I want to have your children! Who cares if you're not some high ranking business guy! By the way, he cut his hair and it looks MUCH neater than the one in season 3 but back like in season 1. Tht's the way, boy! Eh..wrong..man! *mumbling*..damn gorgeous of a man..


So don't worry. This entry is not gonna profile David Caruso in his gloriest moments and a bit to protect him from his critics. I began by saying that I am currently enjoying my free moments at this clinic. After the September school hols, the children are back to school and I have *Dum dum dum*...less than 10 cases to attend today and tomorrow. Woohoo!! So it sucks that we don't have internet access here with the very dumbass reason that we need to tap into the poly's internet access here in order to allow us to surf and the poly is already an external party. We are simply 'renting' space here. Argh..bloody hell...happy suffering to me. Anyway, nothing beats surfing at home rather than anywhere else in the world no not quite a big big biggie to me. For now. Why I am thinking having an internet access is good so that during free times like now, I can simply blog. My life is not so 'far out!' But apart from blogging, I just got my monthly CLEO magazine through the letter box and I like CLEO compared to other female magazines because it is less 'business like' where the editorials are done in a fresh manner. Plus, it really addresses real issues experienced by women on the streets like me not that I like to loiter the streets like no business. Anyway, they also feature articles written by the average women on the streets and this month featured another article that I can totally dig which is 'blogging!' wooh!


When I saw her the girl on the cover of the article, the first thought that came to my mind is that she is pretty and must be some up and coming star or celeb bloggers. These people are bullshit lah..sorry to say that. Really take up space on the internet for their own fame and fortune. Buggers..they really give a bad name to the world of blogging. I don't care if they think only them have the best things to say and viewership that reaches sky high..I dont give a damn. So, they have opinions that may sound controversial...which obviously they don't give a damn about coz it is their stupid blog..or their sheer stupidity. But seriously, get a life man..and I mean OFF the net. Sometimes, I don't even know why the media is all over them apparently over stupid issues which is based on their own farkin' wrongdoings. Even made it as a headlining tool during tv news! And these people will never admit their mistakes because they don't give a fark care about it as it is, after all, their blog. I am not against them writing shit in their blog..coz in fact, I do that all the time..but I dont like it that when they are in trouble, the know how to 'milk' their readers' sympathy. But when they get criticised for their entries which can be too much or three much at times, they get all hot and flushy and the next thing you know, their readers are their public enemy no 1. What the hell. They're obviously delusional and trying to get 'votes' from you as a publicity stunt for increasing viewership and endorsements. So if you do know of such bloggers (which isn't hard to know..since the MEDIA...is being tugged at like puppet strings), don't even go there no matter how interesting their reads are. They are entertainers. They are not real bloggers.


There is not hard or fast rule to blogging. People do it for various reasons but don't piss other netizens off like me by taking this blogging thingey as a platform to rake in fast cash. Call me old fashioned or what but don't lose the original theme of blogging: writing as a form of self expression that cannot be uttered in words. So you have opinions about so and so and you hate someone so bad because they're so evil to you and you rant and rave about them in your blog. But I cannot dig it lah when the innocent bystanders, who are unfortunate enough to have a big nose or short and stump, and these poor innocent people become the brunt of their jokes online. Okay, if you want to be all evil about these people who may not even know of your existence, at least don't put up their photos ah. Wah, feel sorry for these people man. If they get to know their picture is somewhere on the post of a very famous blogger with high viewership, it is a cruel cruel joke man. Have some respects for others okay? And yah a long long while ago some irritating blogger (who is highly educated but highly stupid at the same time apparently) made very racist comments about my race based on his experiences and observations. BOy, since you're so cooped up in your room studying, you obviously haven't seen received enough sunlight resulting in a very one sided opinion. Your brain is too cramped with facts and figures ah..go out and smell the damn dog poo.


Haiz, at least I know that among these delusional bloggers, there are real bloggers out there. That's a comforting thought. Basically, people who write issues that are affecting the world..now I have great respect for them because their opinions are really strong and often 'blocked' by the media because they are addressing the true issues rather than the fabricated ones as displayed on tv all the time. Through their blogs too, you get the other side of view and they can really open your eyes big time. One good political blog will be the musician Moby. He gives you all the facts and figures based on wide readings and observations and through music and now his blog, he expressed his opinions on the world such as war, famine and etc. Very good blog for a short botak bloke like him.


Okay, how about the average blogger who uses the blog as a medium to catch up with friends and family members especially when separated by the very long distance. Others like me use the blog as a medium to just share stuffs or basically, write things that affect our lives much as others can relate to them. For me, I used to write in a manner dishing out advice to people as if I thought of it as a one way solution and that if everybody were to follow my advice plan, the world we live in will be a better place. After getting a wake up call, I realise that I should write in a manner most comfortable to me. I am not some kind of preacher thinking that I am right only. Now, I sparingly drop in some anecdotes or things to ponder about but never in a way I think that is the only right thing to do. I will never make my blog private but of course, I practise self censorship also and excludes names. I used to think that it sucks when people don't read my blog but after a long while, I realised that I am not writing for them. I am writing to clear my doubts, hesitations...basically to clear my minds and somehow, by writing and venting my frustrations, my head feels light headed because I dont keep on thinking about certain things that bother me.


You know what. I do encourage blogging but how people are going to write, I don't really care even though nowadays, companies set up the blogging system promising returns to the writers. Whatever it is, keep the blogging spirit alive! Oh, and try to be nice to people especially when they have nothing against you. I have a big nose. I know..

Comments

Popular Posts