Being Womanly

I must relish in the very fact that I am a woman. Women come in different shapes and sizes but the important thing is that, no matter how different we look from one another, we must have this sizzling factor: sexiness. After watching the MTV videos featuring fabulous females, I realise that you dont have to be all skinny like Nicole Richie and petite like...half of the women's population. Even if we're fleshy, we can have that sizzling factor. You just gotta work at it baby! It'd be a bonus if guys look our way to see who..the..hell..is that? And you know what? If you need to hit the gym, lose a few kgs along the way, change your dress sense..to achieve a much more CONFIDENT new you..then do it. Remember, we're not doing it for the guys, we are doing it for ourselves. I mean, who cares if she has those to die for legs? You have that bee stung lips? Work at it man! :P


To me, the important thing is that we must learn to love ourselves. Don't put ourselves through the torturous regime of dieting ourselves silly that we are not giving ourselves enough nutrients and dont keep emphasizing on your flaws...hide them..and play on the parts that you love. For me, I have always loved my shoulders. But due to erm..overeating....I kinda accumulated fats over my shoulders that it weighed me down. Seriously! I didn't care if I had fat thighs..okay..maybe I did..but I cared about my shoulders and so what if I don't have those really skinny framed shoulders that puts a clothes hanger to shame. I would say that I am contented with my shoulders and infact, the bone structure looked even better than when I was sixteen when I loved wearing shirts that emphasized my shoulders.


You know what girls....like what I said, sometimes it is not the kilos that you drop, it is the inches that you lose that make all the difference. When I started to increase by two notches my usual exercise and diet regime after my last gathering with my friends in Feb 2006, coz I felt so freakin' out of place like I didn't try hard enough to lose weight (despite losing 10kg by that time), I lost weight fast. Infact, in less than a month I lost 5kg and I should be rejoicing but infact, I was suffering from extreme fatigue and skin problems that left these small bruises similar to being stubbed by a cigarette butt. Okay, can't really see them coz they are a bit on the upper thighs area and my skirts..they're not minis.


True, I never hated food SO much but you see, because I didn't want to feel sickly, and didn't want to have these weird looking marks (they appeared as a group on the inside of my arms even), I decided to adopt a healthier lifestyle. Guess what? It's rather fun and for the first time, I don't avoid food like the plague but I try to make my choice of food healthier. So yes..I do lose weight..I do lose inches..but more importantly, I don't get nauseous anymore. That will only happen to me if I happened to eat food that is rather oily especially when I am out with my colleagues coz seriously, I didn't want to portray a picky side of me. But I remembered getting sick..twice..or thrice...like a stomach ache and nauseousness coz I have trained my body to eat less oily food and more healthier choices like bee hoon. At the same time, I don't have to pretend to a great extent to cover up for my health freak side of me. Instead, I can still choose to be healthier and not indulge in an oily plate of fish and chips (and then end up getting sick) like them and I won't be judged by that. After all girl, you're paying for the food..not them..oh, and I doubt you want to pay with your health if you fall sick right? So go on..instead of putting up a masquerade, indirectly influence them to take care of their health by adopting a healthier diet.


Anyway, whatever it is, be contented that you have this one body which you ought to take care of. Like I said, so what if you can't be so freakin' pathetic, if you're big boned, you can look good also. Losing weight doesn't mean that you have to lose the chubbiness that make you oh-so-cute, but really..it's basically for health reasons and to make you feel good. It is definitely not to make you starve like a skinny size zero model.


So chin up those of you who keep looking down on yourselves for constantly comparing your body to other girls. I want to be curvacious, and have that booty like Beyonce and be shapely like Tata Young and I am working at it even if it is the fasting month. Who says you can't exercise if you're fasting? Definitely, not the heavy workouts sort ah but those simple movements. For me, I think walking is an excellent choice of exercise for at least half an hour each day. It toned me up a bit and helped me to maintain my weight coz I tell ya, once you lose it, the next hardest thing is not to pile them all back again.


In the meantime of losing those kilos and inches, everytime you make those baby steps and succeed at it, celebrate it by increasing your confidence level a bit. Soon, you will love your body and yourself. If you have a long way to go, like me, enjoy those every step you make to get that dream body of yours that make you feel 'sexy'. Come on, you can do it! Make the traffic stop! Ooh..ooh..! This is a fun bit. You can even make buses stop and wait patiently for you to cross the zebra crossing even if you're standing a bit away from the crossing to give the impression they can go first. Usually, if you don't stand near the crossing, they will just zoom past. But hey, sometimes we girls got an upper hand especially if we feel good for ourselves, everything else will follow and even guys will make their heads turn twice to check you out whether or not you'll like it. Oh, did I say in the presence of the girlfriends too?


Narh, those are jerks so forget them but it kinda made you feel good a tad bit coz hey, obviously, the guy is bored and we are here to cheer them up! Haha...But just don't flirt back. We may start to have our dream body but we still have feelings and these guys? They're jerks and I can only pity those girls for having them as boyfriends..one advice for them? Drop them. They are not worth your time.


By the way, I had this photo taken recently on my birthday. Me and my friend were so into the act of being 'self absorbed'..haha.


red alarming....riding hood


royal purple highness

Heck, still a long way to go before I am finally contented with my body but for now, I am enjoying every bit of reaching there. Hey, I worked hard not for nothing k? Besides, it is not an overnight success kind of thing..haha..frm flab to fab? haha..we can do it! High Five!






Comments

Popular Posts