Plug for Wellness

Okay, I have a tip for you. When you want to eat my share of snacks, and you did not see me buying them off the racks, ask me one question: when was the last time I bought the packet of snacks. More likely, I may have kept it for a few days or even more than a week for a single freakin' pack of potato chips. Most of the times, I don't succumb to snacking and when I walk past these chocolate bars, sacks of potato chips and chocolate chip cookies, I would usually admire them...for their packaging. I would shrug them off and if I happened to walk past the same aisle again, chances are we will make eye contact and me contemplating if it is worth a buy. Oh, back to the few days old packet of potato chips. Yah, I would usually eat in very very small quantities each time that will not drive me to a point of 'gawd..i feel so guilty!' and at most, just get rid of the craving and at the same time, the slight bit of hunger pang. I know those who live to eat may scoff at this weird eating habit of mine but to me, it is for my own good. Do you even hear me mention about eating carrot sticks and salad for dinner alone? That will never happen. Maybe the salad. But definitely NOT just salad for dinner. Okay, so I had the delicious oriental chicken salad from Kentucky Fried Chicken yesterday for lunch. But that was bought the night before and prior to buying that, I had..hrm..can't remember what I had..still, it didn't justify enough for me to eat the KFC chicken salad in full despite knowing the vegetables' full nutritional value. So what did I do about it? Stuff in the fridge, la. My mum knows this weird habit of mine too (well, it is her fridge too) so she didn't get it. So I used to forget about the food I keep in the fridge when I was not as hunger-driven as I was all these years resulting in a looser fridge door..hee...but now, in order to save money buying small petty food, I just save half of the quantity of waffle, for example, I had the night before and have it as breakfast. Sometimes, I would get hungry even before reaching my work destination and if I am on the bus, I would just eat it in the bus...cold.


But most times, I get to keep the food a bit longer and I would eat it after finishing the initial half of my work in the early morning. If lunch time is still not nearing yet, and the stomach is craving for attention, I remembered having the waffle in my bag and would eat it while doing my work. By the time lunch approaches, I wouldn't opt for something heavy and can just live off with bee hoon soup without still feeling hungry some more. After lunch, whether heavy or not, I would refrain until reaching home. If in between, I could not stand the hunger, I would down in soya bean milk. Helps to curb hunger while providing with the nutrients. You see, that is like killing two birds with one stone. And maybe three if this makes me lose the flab..hee.


I guess you would think that Im not a health nut but a health freak. Not true..not true. I know many people who are on the health track will actually go the gym for like four times and the rest of the days will be for outdoor form of exercises like running or aerobics. Basically, they live around wanting to be toned, fit and gawd knows what else. Nothing is sexy about a bag of bones anyway. When I am back at office when not doing field duties, then come lunch time would go the ladies which means passing by the gym doors, I would definitely see people exercising in there. I mean..ppppfft.....come on...it's lunch time! If that is too long a phrase, at most I would just go 'Siao'. Some of them even went on such regular basis that I wonder if they ever eat or not. But okay, I sounded a bit meanie but upon closer inspection, not all of them are that obssessed about wanting to look good. I don't know about feel good like what is so good about missing out on food during lunch. Among them who exercise during the one hour lunch time is because they are hard pressed for time so any available time that they have is most probably their lunch hour. For me, I don't have the luxury of choosing the days that I want to go to the gym as it would have to depend on my schedule. There were many occasions when I didn't feel like going to the gym on this day but since it is the only day I have out of the whole week to work out, I would have to pack up my gym gear. I have become so accustomed to squeezing in time for gym that to not go for the whole entire week...so not going to happen. Okay, so it happened once quite recently because I was not prepared that day and I thought that I would be coming back to office the next day for the gym session. Unfortunately, I forgot I had this free trip to the zoo and die die I had to go on that very day. It was one of the saddest moment of my time other than knowing David Caruso's character on CSI:Miami had a gorgeous girlfriend. No surprises who plotted her death after just minutes of screen time. Me. Networking helps.


Right so I do advocate physical exercises but if really hard pressed for time right, the staircase at your own flat is a good stair climber. The way up from the MRT station to the ground level is another form of exercise. You just gotta be creative, babes. Oh, and if you have internet, you can look out for aerobics streamline videos but I have not gotten to that yet even though my company did give a CD once before incorporating Indian dance moves which my brother loves. The moves I mean..not the ladies.


Anyway, back to the people who actually exercise during the lunch hour. Err..good for you. But if you're one of those people who think that if they do not clock in gym sessions or any physical exercises every freakin free time, maybe you have to start addressing another problem. Sometimes, certain things that people say or do may drive us to the extreme unconsciously. I think mz wake up and smell the coffee lah. And do yourself a favour by not constantly be put down by

Even though I just started out in my new posting at a local polyclinic which meant to say I don't have to travel to various centres and have a more fixed schedules, I still have do some travelling. However, travelling would mean from the polyclinic to my office headquarters which is around 8 stations away.Sighz..good thing it is not too far off (you do know I'd rather go back home straight than journey to the south from east side). The only drawback is that I have to stand among a crowd of people. But it is not a big complain to me as...okay, another weird habit of mine..I prefer standing to sitting down. Going into details on why is that will lead me to write an entire one or two new paragraphs but the initial weird habit of keeping food for long is..err..weird enough already.


I just had a brainwave. If you are almost at the point of being broke, like me on a daily basis, if there is one investment in your home that you must have, that is your fridge. Too bad I am not some kind of celebrity who can jerk people out of their seats to get the best fridges in town. But come on, every household surely have a fridge right? Just remember that you have placed some leftover there and not to leave it to rot. Okay, but seriously speaking, I think it is a great way to live up to the expectation of eating in moderation to promote a healthier lifestyle. At the same time, I don't think anyone should discriminate food and ban certain food from their lives unless they bring nothing but evil. That includes all those grossly fattening food. Sometimes people may ask they are limiting food intake so much but they see little improvement. This may sound very hopeful that actually by eating you can drop the kilos. But hold on, please don't grab the nearest fried popiah and chocolated coated doughnuts. They are not that evil but you can do what I do best in: eating half and then storing in the fridge..hehe. But fried goodies like that, best to make another investment and that is the microwave. I don't think you want to eat a cold popiah. But if you ask me, cold or not, still looks edible to me..haha...Anyway, this storage thing doesn't apply to all kinds of food especially if they have soggy bits like vegetables and gravy. If you keep the fried popiah for days and decided to eat it later, I have one word for you like earlier on for the gym freaks: 'siao'.


Anyway, I also realized that it does help me in a way or two to cut cost especially right now for my current posting, I don’t have to eat with my colleagues. I am practically in my own world since this posting is only to me. As morbid as this sounds, I don't have to make false decisions over what to eat to cover up for my 'lack of food choices'. Okay, more accurately, my fussiness. But you know what? Even though it can be hellish at times making food choices, it kinda got a bit easier nowadays. I mean, think of it this way, since I have eliminated so much food choices out of my diet, I am left with very few right? I mean, how wrong can I get? Nowadays, I am opting for bee hoon. It was the noodles which I used to hate because it is so tasteless and then duh..definitely, if you compare, yellow mee in mee goreng to bee hoon goreng, the former tastes better especially when it is cooked in 'wet' style and i am wet...and hungry. Eh, you know what? If you are a noodle lover, (trying to sound typically S'porean-ish), you got try before the kway teow goreng..u know...the wet wet one...fuwah shiok sey...the wetter the better...But alas, that taste only lingers in mouth like seriously, wet bee hoon goreng? Not gonna happen! It's still the original real deal...yellow mee..or kway teow mee..


Sighz..the things we have to sacrifice for a better healthier lifestyle. By the way, I am actually damn damn damn serious about this junior effort of mine to connect with the world and to let those struggling with losing weight. So I am not well known enough overseas so Singapore is good enough. It's just my ramblings ah..and any health findings that I can find to help us..yes us, including yours truly...lose the flab for good. It is gonna be written in a very selenge manner..eh...that would mean..chin chai bo chai like my current blog (any-o-how) to bring the connections much closer as in, I am just like them too so we're in a way, helping each other. Contributions are very much welcomed. Any real stories to share that can hopefully inspire, you can also email me at offspring_gday@yahoo.com. Right now, I am doing two stages at the same time. I have already sketched out the web layout and it looks rather feminine-ish because it is more catered to young girls and women. Men can read too but seriously nothing to oogle at. I am not putting Eva Longoria's pictures for motivation. Wish me luck! I mean..luck as in I get the bloody thing done not as in wishing it to be successful or anything. Perhaps I should make the next blog to be 'how to beat procrastination'.

Comments

Popular Posts