Skip to main content

Back to my Hobby!

hello there!

so....................hey, have you had anything that caught ur attention and u're just dying to try it out?! I'd say..just give it a go man! I've always liked beads..fancy ones...simple ones..and that seeing how craftfully they are made into awesome looking pieces of dangly earrings..it's so cool..but phooey...so expensive. And the cheaper ones..erm...well, ok one thing they are cheap but not necessarily nice looking. It's like I can find everywhere..and what makes u wanna wear that pair of earrings? It's when the design is so unique you won't catch someone else having the same pair as urs! I so love to design earrings..but alas, I guess the few months following the 'zany period'..where I could make up to two pair of earrings...I sorta slacked. BEcause..I guess I had the toughest few months after that..Actually, come to think of it, it was sorta like an 'up and down' period for me lah. Totally no time to just think up of new designs and then creating it away! I bought a few packs of cheap beads...but ah..cheap doesn't mean ugly looking beads. It's also amazing to think that people are selling earrings or even necklaces off using these same beads...at such a high price. I understandlah..we also need to pay for their craftmanship. But what the heck......if you can make a simple one and then gradually make slightly more complicated ones..and u don't pay a cent for ur own workmanship, heck...why not right?!

And yeah..if u have a hobby shared by the likes of many other people too..and they're making money out of them too...don't be disheartened. For me, I am still excited thinking about redesigning the online gallery of my works.....in the first half of the year. I guess it's all about improvisations lah..and to create designs that are uniquely...ur own creations. So, I guess the key to surviving if you really take this up as a form of business venture...is to be 'different from the others'. And of coz...source out any contacts that can sell you the stuffs u need in bulk..at a much cheaper price. Heh....I love it when it comes to sussing out stuffs that are really affordable...like I recently discovered that I can get beads from singapore yahoo auctions. Gawd...7 packets of beads...selling at 2 bucks..as a whole! Fu yoh!!.....................Ahem..seriously, if you haven't caught the 'auction bug' from yahoo singapore..I suggest u get it now. From a bargain hunter like me..who selfishly still want brand new things..sold at a cheaper price..this is one good reliable source. Or you can try the other version of it...e bay singapore. They are available online and transactions are carried out fast and easy as most accept transfer of money online too.

Anyway..I am digressing. I am all excited yet again..to start a whole new collection...wheee!!!! And yeah...and I am SO gonna create another web layout for my collection...hrm...website creation..yet another hobby! Aaah!! what a way to finish off the year 2005..wooh!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...