Skip to main content

Trip Down Defunct Bukit Timah Railway Station & Nene Chicken

This was our third attempt in exploring the defunct Bukit Timah Railway Station. The first one, let's say it lasted for about 5 minutes or so until I got seriously ill and had to go to a nearby shopping mall to rest. Secondly, we were late and by the time we reached, it was too dark for us to explore, lest we want to see things that we didn't want to see, LOL.

But on that second trip, we decided to......

go Buona Vista and visit Nene Chicken for some yummeh spicy drumlets.

Happy Choice! But bring on the spizeee....

Waiting in excitement

Okay, mine wasn't soo spicy. I opted for theh boneless black sesame chicken fillet

I really love them and although the guy next door was quite annoying because he was quite noisy when eating. I think because he wanted to contain the spiciness by eating in such manner which resulted in a lot of smacking of lips, eurgh.

Anyway, we had to wait about 20 minutes or so for our order but I think it came earlier than that. Of course my brother was really happy because somehow, he's always the one discovering about such halal fast food outlets like these. No, in case you're wondering, this is not a food blog, haha. If you wanna try, they have two outlets. One at Star Vista and the other one is at Bedok Mall. Star Vista is a much smaller outlet and we're pretty lucky we got a corner seat, which by the way, was one of the only two corner seats there. Yes, that's how small it is.

Go to their facebook page here for more info on Nene Chicken.


Next, we would be trying Wing Zone for more chicken goodness.

So yes, back to our regular update.

About our trip, we FINALLY managed to explore to our fullest the Bukit Timah Railway Station before it turned dark. It was quite difficult walking on the murky mud and then on the tracks itself where they were surrounded by pretty big rocks. So most times, we were walking on the wooden planks of the railway.

Quite a balancing act, I must say.




 Enjoy the pics!

The majestic bridge

Former signage

Customary selfie

surrounded by overgrown grass

Close up of the tracks




follow me on http://instagram.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...