Skip to main content

Saving for My Future 2.0

The one single tip which I believe everyone should follow is...

'Pay Yourself First'

When you get moolah, like your take home pay or earnings from your business, I suggest to have a separate account and get a portion of your salary, or the whole of your earnings, into that account. My aim this year is to save about $2K in the other account. 

There is one problem though. I don't want to come into a stage where I have to dip into that savings, which I had done last year on a few counts, which got me so upset. But no more, absolutely no more. Once I get in touch with a tip that I got from one of those motivational videos, is that whenever I have to pay bills, buy groceries from my family or even treat them, I have to think this way 'There is plenty more from where that come from' and I believe that money will come in, slowly for surely for some, or fast and aggressive for other people.

I am really glad that I have this online shop but my other challenge is to keep the moolah coming in. One of the ways for me to get it coming in, in short spurts, is to continue to challenge myself. I want to challenge myself by thinking of creative products to make, based on the orders I receive, or simply new products to get the attention from other people and hopefully get them ordering.

I don't want to make it a pressurizing issue for me to save a lot but save within my means. That is another takeaway which you can get from this post. If you can only save $50.00 per month based on that income, so be it. The important thing is that you must be committed into saving that $50.00. If you can save a bit more, like if you have additional income from a pay raise or bonus, contribute more. 

I would also like to be able to clear my debt. I am quite close to clearing one of my debts and I know it is going to be a major feeling of satisfaction like something just lift off your chest. Let's make it a motivation for this year as well.

My other friend has been working for the last 8 years, and she has been consistent in saving and also careful in what she buys. She doesn't make impulse purchases. She thinks twice before purchase. Despite working in a bank, where everyone knows bankers can earn quite a hefty salary, she's still grounded when it comes to money issues. Really salute her. She does have her indulgence and that is travelling and the good thing and she travels mostly for the experience rather than as a shopping trip which many people tend to focus on when they are overseas.

So let's make it a Saving for My Future 2.0. I really hope that there won't be a 3.0 unless it means improving the current system. I want to lead a rich life, not in terms of wealth, but having to enjoy the moments without thinking about 'how am I going to survive the next day with just this much of money only' 

I hope God can help me in this journey. If I can save $2000 at least by end of June this month, I'll reward myself :) Not sure what would that be but I hope it's something dear to me where it signifies a milestone for me in terms of saving for the future.

follow me on http://instagram.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...