Skip to main content

Little Perks in LIfe as Reward

I receive a cheque recently on New Year's Eve (talk about good timing) and I started 2014 on a good note, at least financially. And I also watched this video some time ago where it talked about not holding on to the fact that you have used the money to pay bills or treat other people because 'there's plenty more from where that came from'. If you treat someone, the universe will respond back and you'll get more. Of course you don't go through life EXPECTING to be responded back in that manner because whatever you do, do it with sincerity from your heart. Don't think, 'eh...I'll get more money after this! hurhur'.. It's not going to work like that, peeps.

Plus, it's always nice to make others happy, right? It's already rare enough for me to treat, like the last time we went to Breeks together, it was in 2011. Even then, I didn't pay in cash but on credit. For a long while now, I don't rely on credit but on cash or via wireless transactions, such as direct debit from my account. It's harder but it's even harder to owe money and not being able to pay back.

So yes, I struggled but I am hoping that this year, I don't struggle anymore financially. There were ups and downs moments but I want to keep the momentum. I don't want to go through life again like in late October and November where every single freaking day, I prayed to be able to pull through the next day with whatever cash I have. No more of that ordeal! I thank God that He helped me pull through eventually and I am not about to be stingy on my family. If I have any excess, I will spend on them. They keep me motivated to do more for my online shop, despite my full time work and part time studies, because the extra moolah, no matter how small, help to contribute to the family income. I do get flak for not charging this or that, like I could simply receive much more but you know, sometimes I am easily contented. My main motivation of running the shop is not to get an insane amount of money but simply be able to supplement my income for the fam right up to the next pay day. 

So sometimes treat can only come as a rare one but I don't mind because it makes the occasion even more special like it's worth it. I see it as a reward for hard work and if I want to continue to enjoy little perks like this, I simply work harder and not take it for granted that it's gonna come down from the skies just like that.

Here's to a better 2014 ahead with me *hopefully* earning more :)

My New Year dinner at Breeks with my brother. Enjoy the pictures!




Visit my online store http://www.facebook.com/mylittlecardshop

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...