Sick to the Bone

I am back to work after two days on sick leaves and though I did nothing but just rot laze around at home, Im still happy that I dont have to answer calls and attend to pesky students. Okay fine, I think most calls are just innocent ones and some students are well..just as innocent and pretty cute sometimes, but I can't help but think that others are just so plainly weird. It gives new meaning to my brand of weirdness. But I cant complain too much coz this job pays off my bills and help to occupy my time coz I can only do so much rotting..ha!

Anyway I was suffering from a mild case of flu but oh my gosh, this flu though mild, wasn't doing much justice to my physical well being coz I felt rather weak. I usually wouldn't even flinch when I make myself walk the 10 to 15 minutes of journey to the bus stop though I can just jolly well take the train. But last Tuesday, even the thought of having to walk is enough to deplete whatever strength I had. It was rather torturous later too when I did a fair bit of grocery shopping coz my family didn't care if I was sick or not as long as I buy the groceries. Walking was painfully slow and I had to take short breaks in between like seriously just standing. Around that time too, my friend was messaging me so at least it kept me occupied when I had to stand for a short while for quick breaks.

My colleagues in the office are also not feeling well including my boss and it showed coz she is usually very hyper. I just don't know how she gets her energizer bunny from. She's just one of those who moves fast fast fast. Though I work under her, she doesn't always deal with me directly if not I would die coz Im pretty much the opposite of her. While bosses would advocate their workers to have a healthy learning curve, mine's pretty.....horizontal. I've mentioned before the whole purpose of me working is to pay the bills and occupy my time. While Im at that, try not to screw up either coz a downward sloping learning curve would be worse off than a horizontal one..heh.

For those of you who suspect yourself to be veering towards the flu season, take good care of yourself. Wash your hands frequently, drink more water and eat less junk food. If you are a sweet junkie like me, then....chocolates are optional.





post signature

Comments

Popular Posts