Skip to main content

Sick to the Bone

I am back to work after two days on sick leaves and though I did nothing but just rot laze around at home, Im still happy that I dont have to answer calls and attend to pesky students. Okay fine, I think most calls are just innocent ones and some students are well..just as innocent and pretty cute sometimes, but I can't help but think that others are just so plainly weird. It gives new meaning to my brand of weirdness. But I cant complain too much coz this job pays off my bills and help to occupy my time coz I can only do so much rotting..ha!

Anyway I was suffering from a mild case of flu but oh my gosh, this flu though mild, wasn't doing much justice to my physical well being coz I felt rather weak. I usually wouldn't even flinch when I make myself walk the 10 to 15 minutes of journey to the bus stop though I can just jolly well take the train. But last Tuesday, even the thought of having to walk is enough to deplete whatever strength I had. It was rather torturous later too when I did a fair bit of grocery shopping coz my family didn't care if I was sick or not as long as I buy the groceries. Walking was painfully slow and I had to take short breaks in between like seriously just standing. Around that time too, my friend was messaging me so at least it kept me occupied when I had to stand for a short while for quick breaks.

My colleagues in the office are also not feeling well including my boss and it showed coz she is usually very hyper. I just don't know how she gets her energizer bunny from. She's just one of those who moves fast fast fast. Though I work under her, she doesn't always deal with me directly if not I would die coz Im pretty much the opposite of her. While bosses would advocate their workers to have a healthy learning curve, mine's pretty.....horizontal. I've mentioned before the whole purpose of me working is to pay the bills and occupy my time. While Im at that, try not to screw up either coz a downward sloping learning curve would be worse off than a horizontal one..heh.

For those of you who suspect yourself to be veering towards the flu season, take good care of yourself. Wash your hands frequently, drink more water and eat less junk food. If you are a sweet junkie like me, then....chocolates are optional.





post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...