Skip to main content

Lecture on Healthier Living Again

A good friend of mine recently lost 50kg after more than a year of cultivating a healthier lifestyle and I am so proud of her. It's not something that is easy to do and takes time and effort but trust me, it will be worth it. It's not just a matter of wanting to look good but it's also about self confidence to get you through life and not be able to succumb easily to life threatening illnesses caused by our lifestyle habit.





Actually, sometimes you can't be fooled by those slim people or the healthy looking one tucking into sinful dishes like laksa and nasi lemak at popular eateries. You may think, hey they can eat and they dont look like they have weight issues. You have no idea if those very people lead an active lifestyle exercising more than three times a week that what they have eaten is probably going to burn off tomorrow anyway.


So there is no rule to say that you totally have to give up eating such food. No, Im serious. But you've got to complement them with an active lifestyle. And if you can't afford to have one due to sheer laziness or having no time for it, please do eat them in moderation. Trust me, it's not easy taking care of medical bills like medicine and treatment plus countless visits to doctors. With rising costs, you can seriously struggle. If you have signed up for plans to help foot your medical bills, do bear in mind that such plans can only cover so much and you may have to pay the balance yourself because no one is going to pay such hefty amounts in the long run if you ever get very sick and have a long term recovery period.


If you have loved ones, please spare a thought for them too by cooking them healthier dishes or watch over their eating habits and encourage one another to adopt a healthier lifestyle. It will be more fun and it won't be so tedious doing everything alone.


I know I've written about cultivating a healthier lifestyle countless of times but if it's going to help an individual out there after reading this blog, then it's considered a successful effort even if it is a minor one. Im not perfect either when it comes to my eating habits and my exercise regime and I admit Im not one of those hardcore ones. I do love my chocolates but at most I can limit myself to just one small piece just to satisfy the craving. But it's only when I have a light lunch which mostly consists of hot tea or milo with digestive biscuits and wholemeal bread. If not, forget about eating one. Then when I go home, I walk the longer distance to the bus stop instead of taking the easy way route of taking the train to the bus stop which is just one station away.


And you've heard me complaining about how it is ALWAYS a drag to go to the gym every Sunday morning where I would rather sleep in especially this morning coz I went swimming yesterday and had the whole day fully occupied as well. But usually Im compelled to go because the day before I would have indulged in eating a bit more than on weekdays. Anyway, most people on a fitness regime will allow themselves one 'cheat' day to eat whatever they want, well almost. For me, it's because Im a naturally hungry bear..haha. Im just one of those who don't stay full for long so you can imagine how hard for me to be constantly hungry without overeating. It takes a lot of willpower..like now, where I am seriously hungry though I just had a bun. Im so hungry my tummy is almost aching but don worry, Im not torturing myself. It's like a 'hangover' where if you drink too much the night before, you will suffer the next day. For me, coz it was a Saturday where I can eat a bit more though I am still off food that are on my banned list. 


Im currently trying to lose the few kilos that I've gained from God knows where and I actually lost about 1.5kg though at first, it was almost impossible to lose even 0.5kg..heh. People may think it's no big deal but hey, it is for me and I hope to get back my original weight by March at least and work from there again since Im still in the overweight region..ha!


Hey, if you have stories of how you are struggling to lose weight or your successful battle with the bulge (without resorting to short cuts like pills or slimming treatments) do let me know in the comments! We shall motivate one another.. :D











post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...