Lecture on Healthier Living Again

A good friend of mine recently lost 50kg after more than a year of cultivating a healthier lifestyle and I am so proud of her. It's not something that is easy to do and takes time and effort but trust me, it will be worth it. It's not just a matter of wanting to look good but it's also about self confidence to get you through life and not be able to succumb easily to life threatening illnesses caused by our lifestyle habit.





Actually, sometimes you can't be fooled by those slim people or the healthy looking one tucking into sinful dishes like laksa and nasi lemak at popular eateries. You may think, hey they can eat and they dont look like they have weight issues. You have no idea if those very people lead an active lifestyle exercising more than three times a week that what they have eaten is probably going to burn off tomorrow anyway.


So there is no rule to say that you totally have to give up eating such food. No, Im serious. But you've got to complement them with an active lifestyle. And if you can't afford to have one due to sheer laziness or having no time for it, please do eat them in moderation. Trust me, it's not easy taking care of medical bills like medicine and treatment plus countless visits to doctors. With rising costs, you can seriously struggle. If you have signed up for plans to help foot your medical bills, do bear in mind that such plans can only cover so much and you may have to pay the balance yourself because no one is going to pay such hefty amounts in the long run if you ever get very sick and have a long term recovery period.


If you have loved ones, please spare a thought for them too by cooking them healthier dishes or watch over their eating habits and encourage one another to adopt a healthier lifestyle. It will be more fun and it won't be so tedious doing everything alone.


I know I've written about cultivating a healthier lifestyle countless of times but if it's going to help an individual out there after reading this blog, then it's considered a successful effort even if it is a minor one. Im not perfect either when it comes to my eating habits and my exercise regime and I admit Im not one of those hardcore ones. I do love my chocolates but at most I can limit myself to just one small piece just to satisfy the craving. But it's only when I have a light lunch which mostly consists of hot tea or milo with digestive biscuits and wholemeal bread. If not, forget about eating one. Then when I go home, I walk the longer distance to the bus stop instead of taking the easy way route of taking the train to the bus stop which is just one station away.


And you've heard me complaining about how it is ALWAYS a drag to go to the gym every Sunday morning where I would rather sleep in especially this morning coz I went swimming yesterday and had the whole day fully occupied as well. But usually Im compelled to go because the day before I would have indulged in eating a bit more than on weekdays. Anyway, most people on a fitness regime will allow themselves one 'cheat' day to eat whatever they want, well almost. For me, it's because Im a naturally hungry bear..haha. Im just one of those who don't stay full for long so you can imagine how hard for me to be constantly hungry without overeating. It takes a lot of willpower..like now, where I am seriously hungry though I just had a bun. Im so hungry my tummy is almost aching but don worry, Im not torturing myself. It's like a 'hangover' where if you drink too much the night before, you will suffer the next day. For me, coz it was a Saturday where I can eat a bit more though I am still off food that are on my banned list. 


Im currently trying to lose the few kilos that I've gained from God knows where and I actually lost about 1.5kg though at first, it was almost impossible to lose even 0.5kg..heh. People may think it's no big deal but hey, it is for me and I hope to get back my original weight by March at least and work from there again since Im still in the overweight region..ha!


Hey, if you have stories of how you are struggling to lose weight or your successful battle with the bulge (without resorting to short cuts like pills or slimming treatments) do let me know in the comments! We shall motivate one another.. :D











post signature

Comments

Popular Posts