Less Gloomy Start of Weekend

While yesterday, an overcast hangs over my head when I received the rejection letter for my housing loan and then with the reason given for the rejection, I feared for the second rejection when I was asked to reapply. Though the credit officer told me on the phone line what I needed to fill up when I resubmit again, it kinda struck me hard again when I saw the rejection letter. It was pretty disheartening.





In fact, when I slept, I also dreamt about it. But almost in the afternoon later in the office, I checked online regarding my application and though they didn't blatantly say that it was approved except that it had been processed and that I would receive the letter soon, to me it almost sounded like they had approved because the word 'rejection' and 'regret' was not there. When I scrolled down again, to my delight, my application has been approved along with the loan details.

I am so happy! With this letter, I can go down to HDB and they will be able to carry out the transfer of co ownership so that they can start deducting from my central provident fund money to finance for this house.

Yesterday too, as I was typing out my entry, I was also looking at the living room and thinking that I could lose all this and then also thinking about what would happen to my family like where were we going to stay. Oh gosh, I am only 28 and I have to face problems like this.

But the thing is, as what an ex colleague said, that's life. It is bound to throw you hurdles where you will eventually have to overcome and if you have faith in yourself that things will become better, it eventually will.

Honestly, it's problems like this which I don't get why young people nowadays want to get married so fast because they felt like it's just a natural progression from being in love. The fact is that, marriage is not all fairy tale because you have to face up to reality like housing, finance, food, education for the children if you have them and so forth. It's not about having just a life partner who will see you through your twilight years. It's about dealing head on with reality with a partner in hand. If you have a partner that is not co operative and quick to blame you if things go wrong, marriage to whoever that joker is will be such a disappointment and heartache.

But anyway, with the things that I have to do in order to protect the sanctity of my family, sometimes I dont know if marriage is such a good thing for me. Oh well, whatever it is, when the time comes, I'll think about it.

So while I am completely clueless about admin stuffs like this apart from bills, I somehow learn through trial and error and sometimes common sense too. Talking to the experts help as well except when you have an auntie who claims to be an expert but with her reputation for trash talking people, I can forgo her help.

And then the 'best' thing is that my mum listens to her at times and then would think that I don't know how to handle the situation by doing it all wrong. I tell ya my aunt is all smoke but no fire. She kept calling me in office and asking me to do this this this and then trash talk that oh, these customer service people are stupid and they don't know what they're saying by giving only generic answers from faqs. But come on, it's not like I asked them general questions. I gave them the ID numbers for them to do a check on and they advise based on their records.

Now she is insistent that I bring her along to the housing board so she can trash talk them and scold them if necessary if they don't do their job properly. Like come on, the matter that can be solved quickly will become delayed and worse, if we behave unruly towards other government people, it is not going to be a joyride.

I know that I can be such a greenhorn and timid when it comes to such heavy admin matters but I am willing to learn because I just have to for the sake of my family. Of course in times like this I wish I don't have to make such adult decisions but this is life and I cant ignore the fact that I am a fully grown adult though yes, I do talk and behave rather immaturely at times coz well, I can be quite a clueless girl too.

For example, I never see myself as a workaholic and I dont think I'll ever be one so you can imagine Im just one of those who don't aim high for those big positions or climb up the ranks. I would rather finish up the day's job or at least attempt to do a major part of it and go home without thinking or bringing home work to do. I'm just very laid back in nature and I don't believe in simply surrounding myself with work work and work. Of course that doesn't mean I do a sloppy job. I work hard because I have to earn a living and keep it as well. Like recently, my two year contract has been renewed for the next three years so at the very least, I have a job and I don't have to worry about retrenchment because this is more or less a stable job.

Anyway, weekend is already here and I am happy for it. I'll probably be doing some more laid back stuffs with less gloom over my head.


post signature

Comments

Popular Posts