The Problems in Life

So I was ranting about my problem in regards to my house loan payments and I actually went to the Housing Development Board to explain them about my situation and their advice is to apply online to see if I am eligible to take a loan with them to settle the remaining house balance. So right now it's still pending because I will have to make another trip this Saturday because part of the loan eligibility application is that my mum has to declare that she is not working. 




Even though the process will take time, at least they are aware that I am actively looking for a solution to pay for the house's monthly payment. Even though the problem is not serious yet, rather than wait, I want to do something about it because we are talking about a roof over our head and not about some outstanding handphone bill. 

Right now, I don't want to think too far ahead and just take one step at one time and just hope for the best.

But you know, whenever we think we have problems, there are other people out there with bigger problems. Though sometimes I do wonder when I look at other people, their faces don't show a hint of weary from constant worries but these kind of things, you will never know. I remembered vividly last year when my father told my mum that my father looked like he might pass on anytime based on he was unconscious. At that time, my world just collapsed and I never felt such a huge sense of helplessness in my life before even though I had been through countless problems before. If I wasnt strong, I could have fainted right there and then and it was not even a doctor who conveyed such depressing news. And then I looked around the people in the waiting areas and they didn't look even a bit upset and were infact jovial and I felt very angry and upset. Upset because I felt that this shouldn't be happening to me and why the heck they were feeling so jovial in a hospital vicinity though I forgot that was how I was too when my father was still quite okay though he was very weak.

But you know, we all have problems though most may choose not to show it. To me, if you are having problems, it's best to consult someone or even some organization for help rather than just sitting down and waiting for the problem to tide over. Then again, I also hate it when people try to make a comparison between your problem and theirs with the conclusion that yours is no big deal compared to them. I mean come on, life isn't easy breezy and even the rich and famous have to deal with problems like dealing with their husband's *cough* tiger woods *cough* infidelity though they come out happy with a huge divorce settlement.


So when my friend was complaining about how married people said that single people have it easier because they don't deal with financial problems like them, I could only think that they are so wrong. Perhaps when they were still single, they didn't lift their finger a bit to help their own family..I dunno. My cousin, for instant, chooses not to get married unlike her other 5 siblings because she wants to take care of her aging parents. Myself, I have a mother who gets moody at times and a schooling brother. I have to support both of them financially. I don't think it's about whether you are married or not. Honestly, it comes in the package of being an adult and I wish that I am back at a time when I only have to worry about my school work but alas, that is yonks ago. Now we have to deal with problems whether we like it or not and the way to deal with them is to be responsible adults such as not get ourselves into unnecessary problems. Yes, problems are inevitable but many of them can be avoided but due to our busy lifestyles or our ignorance, such problems can escalate into something bigger.


Whatever it is, we should not give up. Words can be hurtful but they can't kill us so just ignore those problematic people who think we have it easy. Let us all resolve to be thankful for the little things in life and deal with problems one by one. It's not going to be easy but at least we are trying to lessen the emotional turmoil caused by our never ending problems in life.





post signature

Comments

Popular Posts