Skip to main content

Big Financial Dilemma

If you follow my twitter, you may probably be reading about how Im facing a dilemma right now. A dilemma that shouldn't actually take place but being me, Im always pushing things at the back of my mind like oh, I'll get it done one day..somehow...until it worsens and then now I have to clean up the mess. But never mind all that, I don't want to think too much about it and hope to get it settled at least partially this Saturday when I pay a visit to the housing development board (hdb) regarding the house loan payments. Yes, that is the cause of my dilemma. All this time, we don't have to worry about the payment because so far, my mother's CPF which is the central provident fund that is used to pay for the house and I have been feeling a bit bad for the past two years (yes, TWO! Imagine that!) that okay, I'll help to pay for it soon using my own CPF. My mum at first lamented that she wished that she would have a bit of money left when her CPF can finally be withdrawn once she reaches the age of 55 but later on, she thinks that it is better off being used to pay for the monthly house loan so at least we have a roof over our head.


So I suppose that is where I slacked big time. Maybe if there is a slight glimmer of hope is that if they accept my application to be a co owner of the house and they are able to use my CPF instead for future payments of the house, then at least the matter is settled. I have accumulated enough CPF to pay for the balance of the house loan after about 6 years of working so I don't think that will be a problem. I can always earn it back since I still have a long way to go till I reach the cpf withdrawal age. The other problem is settling the monthly payments by cash while waiting for the approval for my co ownership. So far the only solution I have is to use my own salary to pay for it to tide over at least two months which is about the time for them to process (yes in Singapore, we are efficient except when it comes to the processing part ) and which also means seriously tightening my belt.


Oh God I hope I get it this over and done with.


post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...