Skip to main content

A Happy 2010!

Happy New Year to everyone who happens to drop by this blog or read my blog anonymously. Let's hope this will be a better year than 2009. 


For me 2009 has been a tumultuous year for me as I went through a difficult period of my life and I dont think I will ever recover from it. I lost my father and there is no day that goes by without him in my deepest thought. Every thing that reminds me of him or every single moment where I will feel his loss, my eyes are never dry. I hope he is doing fine wherever he is.


I had also gone through serious financial problems and because of the recession we were in, my mid year bonus was not given and I was struggling to get by each day. But from the support of friends, I managed to survive me and my family and their kindness will never be forgotten. Im in a better financial position because almost all of my year end bonus has been deposited into savings but from experience, and as of my previous entries, this year I strive to save every month because lesson learn is that you will never know what will happen in the future. 

I also strive to snack less because it may jeopardize my efforts to lose weight..haha. And yes, that includes chocolates too..sigh.



Anyway, whatever happen this year, there are always lessons to be learnt and treasured so that we will become a better person.


Have a great year ahead in 2010!







post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...