Back Again

Sigh, my father got hospitalised again because he became so weak one day that when he fell in his room, he could not get up at all. My mum's constant nagging at him and constant urging to send him to hospital finally paid off when he had diarrhea on off for the entire week. She went berserk and screaming on the phone to ask me to go home so that I could call the ambulance. A day before that I already took half day urgent leave to send him to the poly and then now this. Because I could no longer stand her nagging to send him there, I finally had to give in to stop her. Furthermore, she did not want to listen to me because her sister kept urging her to do so as that was what she did when my late grandpa was having health problems. My mum often said that my father listened to no one but his sister but she is also the same.


So there began my journey to and fro from hospital but because this time, he was sent to a hospital further from the previous one, try as I might to visit him, I could not do every day. It is pretty tiring and because it is the end of the month and still more than a week to my next pay day, it really isn't good on my pockets either. There is the food and transport expenses that I have to consider. I can do without the food though except when I go with my family because they definitely would want to eat.


It pained me to see him the first two days because he looked so weak and could hardly move and eat. But it got better the third day when I saw him being able to feed himself bread and drink himself without almost making a mess although I came at a time when I did not get to see him eat his dinner. He is in a weaker state than he was back in the first hospitalisation in March but it is understandable because this time round, he has diarrhea and his stomach is pretty weak and hence his lower body is affected and his legs lack the strength to walk. My only worry is that he may not be able to gain back his strength as it will be difficult for him to walk around already and he has to be dependent on us. Let's hope he gets better.

post signature

Comments

Popular Posts