Reality Tv

Well...a brand new month has just started and time really flies by so fast that it has officially been a year since I joined the education ministry and left my colleagues in search of new working experience. I would say the road has not been easy and it's still a long journey for me. However, having helpful colleagues is great without an air of arrogance like 'u watch your turf..I watch mine' kind of thing.

I still miss my colleagues and hope to have a mini gathering with them soon although I would say that I have been pretty 'bad' in the sense that I did not attend one last year. I would have really loved to come but..I dunno....I guess I was put off with having to pay a 15 dollar ticket. I mean..why cant we have like an unofficial free n easy gathering instead? So now the only way of keeping in touch with them is via short messaging (which stopped at end of last year...heh..) and via facebook.

But life goes on...you just got to start living and not dwell too much on things that we cant do much on and just have to make the best of whatever we have.

Anyhoo, while I have been worried for over a couple of nights last week, if I am able to survive the next one and a half week, I guess I would say that it's a bit safe to breathe easy. My father helped a bit with his share of money and even though my mum had not encashed her withdrawal cheque yet, once she does, it will also help a bit even though she would most probably say that I am living off her instead of the other way round..haha. Well.....I didnt force her. She did it out of her sincerity..and partially driven by the fact that I always say 'I forgot' or 'tomorrow' as an excuse to delay buying what she wanted.

Like I said, all the 'scrooging' that I do is not for my own benefit but it's because I would still want to be able to provide for them. Yes it drives them crazy and it drives me crazy as well..but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

On a lighter note, crazy or otherwise, I do not know whats up with me this year but I seemed to have caught on the reality tv bite since the end of last year. Actually I am quite a reality tv fan previously (but not of the trashy sort...except maybe...soap dramas) and I can also be quite a fanatic when it comes to being supportive which my mum can swear on and hate as well coz I can be so freakin' biased towards those that I dont really fancy..heh. Well I am sorry...at least I dont call names towards these people. I just..dont fancy them as much..hehe.

This year I am keeping track of American Idol (and it just gotta be of one person..ONE PERSON..that got me hooked all over again..thanks ah, Adam Lambert!). Oh, and also The Amazing Race. Truthfully, there is NOTHING to hate about The Amazing Race compared to other reality tv programmes because that show just keeps you on the edge of your seat and takes your breath away with all the beautiful sceneries and cultures of the countries they race in. I would say you dont lose any brain cells watching that show...and thanking your lucky star that it's not you who is lost in an unknown country or the one eating the disgusting food.

Im rooting for a couple of teams on the Race and I find Luke (the first and only deaf contestant on the show) pretty adorable like I just want to go up there and squueeeeeze him. Okay, and I also promise not to snigger too much whenever he talks coz it kinda sounds funny being a deaf person with limited vocal abilities. I dont want deaf people to start throwing pebbles at me.

Anyway, the downside of this show is that I simply hate those teams that cant seem to work together because one or both of them have their own say and refuses to listen. This is about teamwork but I suppose when you're driven by money, in this case a million dollars, you become...sorta big headed?!

Hey, talking about money, earlier on I mentioned about officially ending my one year probation with the education ministry. I know it doesnt signify that much since Im...pfft....still under a 2 year renewable contract (whatever that means) but I am looking forward to an increment...whoohoo!! It's not going to be much...like I doubt it will even reach the 100 dollar mark...Im lucky if it's even 50! Just round off the current figure and I am happy..but I dont mind if you go a bit more too...heh. My payslip is not out yet for this month ..but Im hoping that the new figure..will make up for the pay cut that I had to bear with in comparison with that of my previous job at hpb which actually got me a bit upset as if I had to start all over again. Ok..not really...but still, a paycut sucks.

While I anticipate for that, I shall get my act straighten out coz as I looked around while Im blogging, my room looks almost beyond recognition now..sigh. Uhm, now it's almost the fourth day of March and my lazy bum bug is still hovering around me. Anyway, I should start cleaning before this coming weekend so I can laze around in a more cleaner environment..hehe..somehow, that is still a form of motivation.

Comments

Popular Posts