Skip to main content

Different Strokes

You know how people change over the years....but there are just some things that dont change. You may not have seen the person for years and he or she would have matured over the years, maybe looking sexier, more lovely, or hunky (heh..) or moving in the opposite direction, with no explanation given as to what that means. But really, there are some habits, style or quirks that make you....you..no matter how much you have changed physically.

As I recalled past times and then see the person now, whether on the internet, on the streets, or even on the tv, I cant help but to compare. Seriously, dont we all? For instance, I got an ex classmate from a secondary school (high school) whom I remember her as the petite looking girl who always had boyfriend problems and whose family members were not always in approval of them. But now she's happily married, with someone...well...'different' from her ex-es which could easily raise the issue that it was a match made one but hey, sometimes you can be clueless about love and then when you finally find it, it's something that you can never imagine. Or erm..what other people would have imagined as well.

Oh well..you know how Im an advocate of happiness and everyone is entitled to be happy and does not necessarily have to confirm to what other people perceive to be the right kind of happiness. It's a personal choice.

For myself, I have matured over the years...but with a childish streak..coz some people just dont grow up fully..haha. Of course there is always this ongoing battle between me and my inner demons (like trying not to overeat..coz when rahayu is in her stark raving mad about food mode..it's horrigible I tell you!) and my self confidence that swings like a pendulum...but I am glad that Im still me..same ol' same ol'.

Speaking about love (still a swinging single...same ol' same ol')...sometimes I wonder how much I need to stand out from the rest of the girls to catch the attention of a buzzing bee. Do I have to be prettier? Sweeter? More intelligent? Sexier? HRM?!

But I believe there is a reason for everything.....or nothing. It's not that Im complaining over my status coz I cannot find the time to go out with some guy but it will be such a cool thing to hang out with someone who is of a different chromosome than you.

Then again, I have to be 'different' coz dont they all say that 'you are different from the rest of the girls I met'. Actually, I am different. I am by far, lazy, unpretty, chubby, of average intelligent, and do not have the energy to power dress unlike other girls who at least put on a nice pair of heels or earrings. So seriously, I cant complain much which is also why I dont expect something good to fall from the sky (maybe with a thud..especially if he's a hunk or he comes with a car..hehe).

Maybe if I finally do something to improve myself, I can get myself a decent............guy friend, if i am lucky. It may not catapult into a romantic relationship but at least, I am halfway there, haha.

post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Ray of Light

The act of falling in love. Very subjective and it also depends on the object you desire. Well, if it is the 'whoa mama!' sort of hunk or good looker, then yours truly has fallen in love many times over and over again. But a guy who has stolen my heart for good..well...that has yet to happen. But let's not talk about my non existent love life. Let's just ponder over the act of falling in love. From what I have observed through several tv shows or even movies, I gather that well..not everyone is so lucky to have fallen in love at first sight. It takes time, and maybe it will even take boyfriend after boyfriend or girlfriend after girlfriend before reality smacks your face and you end up with your very first boyfriend (gasp!). What a truly merry go round. Hey, it happens. Because we make mistakes and we are too blind to notice how someone can truly bring you happiness by their sheer volumes of care and concern for you. In the midst of crisis, a ray of light shines through...