Pleasant Surprise

What an absolute great surprise!! When I read the circular last year on Performance Bonus, and based on experience from my previous work place at a semi govt board, I wouldnt expect one this March. I mean..of course...a little bit of cash is always good but because I am quite new still, I told myself..sigh..this would be the first year that I will have to go without it. I used to look forward to March ONLY because of this reason. What to do...I am very money minded. So I was really really happy when my colleague said that there is no such thing that because I was new last year, I wont get the PB. She worked for three months only at that time before the start of the next year and yet she still got it. The only thing was that they would pro-rate the amount. I thought..heck...I am okay with that..even if they gave me just $200, I will be damn happy as well!

My decision to move out of the private sector after being in one briefly where I got a small paycut after my move was mainly coz of this. Er, Rahayu cant survive with just one bonus a year!!

The performance bonus is..well...based on your performance and your grading. But in this workplace, my colleague said that so far, nobody knew what grade they got and the only thing they knew is that they would get it. That's encouraging. I mean..I meant it in a good way coz the last time, I actually had to work hard at drafting a report, participate in a yearly project, contribute at least 3 workplace suggestions, go through an interview session with the supervisor..redraft the report, blah blah blah..and still get an average grade which is neither good nor bad.

So upon hearing that, when I checked, I was so happy they put the word 'Congratulations!' and the 'Performance Bonus' on the mainpage..yay! It was definitely pro-rated but I was actually surprised the PB was based on a percentage that was more that what I got from hpb throughout the five years I was there even after slogging my ass off to get a decent personal report out.

Wow...talk about being an office idiot newbie after spending years having an 'outside' office and making plenty of mistakes that I just shrugged off and aim to be better the next time (or at least not do it again). I have to thank my boss for believing in me and I will work harder!

Oh, talking about my pay, now I am earning slightly more than what I used to earn in the private sector and in the hpb..woohoo!! See, it pays to wait one year while cutting down my expenses to a minimal...minimal....low..including public transport (even though I dont stay that far).

Despite comparing what I would have gotten if the amount was not pro-rated, of course I wished I got the former. But! Any money is good money just like any publicity is good publicity. And with that, I finally got what I had been putting off for the longest time after a missed opportunity last bonus payout in December. Nevertheless, it gave me time to do a bit of research as I got to know a place by chance that offer it at a good price and luckily, the offer still stands well.

I am looking fwd to the bonus in July because, for the first time, the amount will not be pro-rated :D After getting what I had wanted already, I dunno what else I can buy since my mother has banned me from buying new tops and shoes for as long as I dont buy the $28 skirt from a shop in Novena. Well, not my fault coz Im used to getting my skirts at less than $20 or even $10. Im stingy...I cant help it!

But anyway, since it isnt that much, I guess I will only use it when I need it or once I run out of the leftover from my last salary.

As for now....wheeeee!!! Rahayu is happy!!


post signature


Comments

Popular Posts