My Fever was at 39.6 Deg Celcius!!!...

Few days ago, I really felt like dying and no, I'm not exaggerating. It began with constant coughing where my throat felt damn itchy and bottles of water eased no pain or slow down the coughing. By the time I got down the bus at the interchange, it had escalated into fever as well and I had to sit down because I didn't have the keys to my house and my mum was out with her friend. Worse thing, she wasn't picking up her calls!! So there I was sitting there, coughing my lungs out, rocking my body, coz I was so damn hot that I don't know if I could make it. Yes, I know it's very drama but it really felt awful.

One hour plus later, my mum finally contacted me and she was annoyed with me coz she already told me she left home late to meet her friend and now I want her back home. I said I had no choice coz I'm like literally dying here. Then I thought she would make it a fast one and asked me to buy some things home as I told her not to come to the shopping centre as she will definitely drag her time. When I entered the supermarket, my teeth was chattering badly but 10 minutes later, it quietened down but I was still feeling unwell. I just could not wait to get out of the freezing cold. 

By then my muscles started to ache already and each step was quite painful and I had to self motivate myself to take one step at a time aka not faint. It was good to get out of the cold when I went to the bus stop but when I reached home, there was another obstacle. My mum was still not back yet!!! And she told me she is on her way home in the taxi. oh my god.

And she would take another half an hour.


*faints*

At this point of time, I regret not making a duplicate set of keys for myself. Serve me right.

So there I was sitting at the staircase with the things placed at my house door waiting patiently and achingly for my mum to come back. I started to rock my body to ease the pain and once I had to get up because my neighbour was coming down the staircase where I was sitting. I will be such an odd scene to see.

Thankfully, she didn't take half an hour. I was watching the lift door like a hawk while rocking my body. Then when we reached the door, my mum said she dropped the bag and had hastily picked up the items from the cab so she was petrified that the key was lost in the cab. I was about to panic and I helped her to dig her bag and thankfully, it didn't take long for me to find the key. The bed never felt so good when you're sick.

The fever started to escalate and I believed I even hallucinated where I can't properly sleep waking up every now and then. Even the panadol doesn't seem to work very well. I had to skip work the next day even though it was an important day for P1 Registration but I was really sick. My body felt hot all over and I felt so weak. I took a shower to get ready to go to the doctor but it started to rain so had no choice but to wait until mid afternoon. Sitting at the bus stop where the bus took forever to come was not good feeling, being in the cold bus didn't help either, like wherever I am, everything was uncomfortable including the walking steps to go to the clinic. By the time, I reached the clinic, I had to wait for half an hour because the system was down.

More waiting!! More unbearable pain!! At this point, I had to rely on my willpower to mentally block the pain. Finally, they called my number and I think I must have looked a mess by the time I reached the registration counter. I told them I had fever and she took my temperature. Before this, I never had my temperature taken so I was shocked when I saw she wrote that I was having fever at 39.6 deg celcius!!! That was so critical!!!

It's a miracle I haven't fainted yet. I was hoping they would give me special concession and not make me wait the usual 2 hours. At that point of time, I felt like I was going to cry but I held it all inside until I went to the seats outside the doctors' rooms. I couldn't keep my body steady and I continued doing the rocking  motion to ease the pain. I realised my number was going to be called soon but even then it took 20 minutes which was the longest 20 minutes of my life.

The doctor measured my temperature and it went down a bit but still stands at 39.0. He was worried that I would faint and asked if I want the nurse to administer the panadol to me. I said it's ok and he asked if I would be okay to go to the pharmacy to collect. I said I can make it. Then he gave me two disposable cloth to wet and apply on my forehead. I did that and it eased the fever a bit although for once, I couldn't sit inside the pharmacy because it was cold. I had to stand outside and watch for my number being called.

After I got the meds, I had no choice but to eat one of the pills so that I could at least stand the walking distance to the bus stop and the bus journey. For the next two days, my fever remained the same despite eating many of the pills including antibiotics and I was petrified that I had to come back which means taking blood test for dengue. I hate needles!! Oh, and hospitals!!

Thankfully, on the second day, towards early morning before I report for work, the fever started to come down. The fever doesn't completely disappear though but it's in check. It's the perpetual coughing from the inflamed throat that bothered me even today. I'm still feeling weak and I feel so useless like I want to do something productive but my body just wants to curl in bed. So this will be the ONLY productive thing I've done which is typing out this blog post.

I can tolerate flu but I can NEVER tolerate fever. I know there's worse sickness out there but in terms of common illness, fever to me is the worst. You feel like you just stop functioning with aching muscles every where and sleepless night.

Please wish me a speedy recovery.

follow me on http://instagram.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts