Skip to main content

When He Doesn't Lose His Gaze on You

Oh the feeling of being in love!! I've been watching the wedding scene of the Shadowhunters where one of them was about to get married for the sake of family honour, although he was not really in love with the girl he proposed to. She is beautiful and looks so 'wow' in her beautiful embroideries dress but in the end, he chose an 800 year old warlock who of course, had to make to make a grand entrance.

We have to see how it all panned out in Season 2 and while they take some major elements from the book, it's an entirely different interpretations but I do hope they work out something in their relationship as one is a mortal and the other is immortal. The gnawing thought that the one who is immortal watches the people he care about age and die, will be an issue they will have to figure out and eventually accept.

That brings me to this. Does the person who love you for who you are, but as time passes by, our skin lose elasticity, we may put on weight, lose the youthfulness and we start to care less about our appearance because we are pretty much settled and comfortable from where we are right now. Do we still look as attractive to him as we were when we're young and in love. Of course there are those blessed ones, though they showed signs of aging, still look young for their age. But for the majority of us, what if we look different now more than back then when we first proclaim love to each other?

The thing about love is that everyone deserves love. When you love someone, you love him or her beyond their physical appearance. 'Til Death Do Us Part. A part of us will die when the one whom we love dearly passes on. But the memories live forever in our mind as long as we are alive which are more priceless than the gifts exchanged between each other and all those lunch or dinner dates. It's the company of each other through the pleasant times when you share the joy and laughter and the unpleasant times where you promise to be there for each other no matter what.

So don't underestimate yourself. Unlike the fictional world like in the books, there are no immortals and we are just mortal beings navigating through life and experiencing what life has to offer, the good and the bad, which includes finding the love of our life who will cherish us, and who doesn't lose his gaze on his chosen one, even after many years of being in the relationship :)

follow me on http://instagram.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...