Skip to main content

Goal Setting for My Online Shop - The Results of It

 I seriously need to do some goal setting. I did it for my online shop and I managed to pull in some sales although I would have to spend some money first. But if I want my online shop to succeed, I need to spend money in order to make money, right? Psyching myself. It isn't much like probably $10.00 just for the notebooks itself, not counting the materials itself because I have them on ready stock and probably don't have to get anymore because they're not customised projects.

So it also got me another project which I haven't done, okay probably did a mini one the last time and so much effort was needed. I think mini books are cute and if done right, can look beautiful but the amount of work for different pages, if I am not aiming for simplicity, can be quite a turn off, haha. If someone orders a mini book from me, then I would do it. Otherwise, there is no sense of motivation.

Not sure what I am talking about? 



Something like this. This is not my work, of course and I got it off the internet.

The whole point of me yakking about mini books is because the project that was supposed to be a mini book turned out to be a full 12" X 12" scrapbook instead with *gasp* 10 pages. Honestly, I could do it if there is a need for it. If I want to make the dough, I gotta put in effort. But she didn't want the ring binders and want it bounded which is, difficult, because it will be heavy without the ring binders such as the one in the picture or at least if she really wants, then I will have to get the album as well. But currently I'm charging her $15.00 instead of $19.00 because it's my first project. Plus I'm lousy with charging prices..ha.

We'll see how it goes. Crosses fingers. If she really wants it to be 10 sheets without the ring binders, I will have to scour the internet again for ideas on how I can bind them together.

That's pretty much how I spend my extended leave as I took leave from work since last Thursday. Finding ideas on how to bring in more interest, and possible customers, for my online shop. You can pay a visit to it when you click here.

I also spend time making cards for my usual monthly orders and I ended up gonna give two of them away instead.

Oh well, if they like my cards, why not?






Initially, I was like nobody likes my card! Yes, my usual boo-hoo rant when after some time, nobody seems to take interest. Sad to let them go but it will be useless for me to keep too..haha. I like making them but not really keeping them due to space constraint.

So, I took on my brother's advice since he went for the social media workshop in his school and he introduced this concept called the freebie marketing where one of the early adopters was Gillette, you know the well known razor brand. I was supposed to give to the first four comments only but I don't know how, people still comment despite after the first four. Since they helped me share the facebook post, , as one of the ways of getting potential customers, and since I didn't end the post quickly because I went out, I decided to give all 10 (excluding my brother who commented as well...) a notebook each. 

Not all replied yet and I'm not going to ask for their address anymore, except for one of them, so whoever replied, I will give them one as a token of appreciation :) I probably will have to make 3 or 4 on the go to cut down time. It's also a good way to cut down on  my supplies because they're getting too much already. Oops. I don't think I can create even more space for it.

So if you're like me, struggling with finding ways of making your online shop a success or getting orders, you can try this method of freebie marketing. If you think, oh you gotta spend money, blah blah, let me tell you, these very people may be the ones helping your online shop to succeed if other people ask them or if they intro your shop to others via word of mouth. If you work hard, you will get your deserving rewards and it's not just in terms of monetary rewards :)

Good luck!


Visit my online store http://www.facebook.com/mylittlecardshop

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...