Skip to main content

Getting out of Zombie Land Plus Goal Setting

To be honest, I've been pretty zombified recently, well at least in the couple of weeks. I lost two uncles, I attended a funeral and it sorta make me re-think about life like WHAT HAVE I DONE.

Unfortunately, the way I react is that I don't feel like doing anything else. Instead of feeling, oh I think I should do this, I think I should do that, I should lead each day as though it was my last, I chose to NOT do anything else.

Why? Because I'm so tired. I don't know why but I feel so tired. I did manage to snap out of it, yesterday, as I think why I'm leading my life this way is because I don't have a concrete set of life goals. Things that I look forward to and sticking to. I want to earn at least $50.00 in revenue from my online shop but I didn't set out goals on HOW to achieve them. I just want the $50.00.

So I came across a tweet by BJ Fogg

I'm not big on "goals" to change behavior but I am big on helping ppl feel successful. Key: Make goals simple so you can achieve them

I value simplicity because life can make things complicated sometimes. If you don't set goals for yourself, you will be aimless in life, pretty much like myself for the last couple of weeks.


heh..


You can do what I did for my online shop which I then plan to do for my other aspects of my life too. Do a mind map. It helps you to focus on what you can do to achieve the main goal. If you go for seminars and courses on productivity, chances are they will teach you the concept of mind mapping.

I didn't take a picture of the simple mind map that I did yesterday for my online shop because my camera battery is flat. But I guess you will be more interested in the mind map in regards to my personal life (Well, at least a snippet of it) so I hope to do one and update this post to motivate you as well.

So one of the things I plan to do is to update this blog regularly and also to do up my scrapbooking and journalling as a pictorial biography of my life. I'm a visual person having such a visual item can bring about good or bad memories in a snippet.

While I'm out planning my life, one of the things I should do is to not fret so much over the little things especially money. Some things you ought to spend money on for the experience like a good dinner at a restaurant. It's not something I do every day or every week even but once in awhile. It's a different ball game from the food I often eat such as having sandwich for lunch on every single week day..haha.

Have you set goals in your life yet?

Visit my online store http://www.facebook.com/mylittlecardshop

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...