What Guidelines?



Treasure our life. There is definitely no second chance at it. I know..I watched Ghost Whisperer. Live it strong! heck, if HPB chose me to figure out a suitable slogan behind the words Life and Live..I was think...'Life. You want to live or not?' But if there are weak points in our lives, either we get out alive or get eaten up by our own self. The other thing I am planning to say is that, if let's say there are things that get us down big time, is there such a guideline telling us that we are far from being successful? No!

Do you find yourself going out of control and then you are trying to figure out what went wrong when all the while, you thought you have it going on pretty well. I find myself in loopholes constantly because of my overbearing ability to want to keep things perfect but just as I had planned things to be done at a specific time for a specific duration, I could only stop at planning. Nobody tells me to plan things and nobody handed me a set of guidelines to follow and if at any time, I am not able to follow, I must learn to just.....shove it.


Heck, if we want to be successful, if we put our minds to it, we can do it. But why think so far ahead of time when we are struggling to even do the barest minimum? if we are unable to achieve what we have been longing for or dreaming about all our life, are we the biggest losers of them all? Hey, there is no such guideline that draws arrows to either point to the direction of 'successful' or 'loser'. Don't beat ourselves up for it. It is easy to look down upon myself seeing how my other ex schoolmates are doing well in their life but....that's the catch. How do I know if they're perfectly happy being in their current line? For all I know, they are forced by circumstances to end up where they are right now. Just like someone in a relationship, they look so blissfully in love but out of public's view, they're fighting like cats and dogs. But who is to blame? It is part of human nature to stick out that finger of us and then point at the opposite direction and we're never guilty. But why? Which guideline says that in a failed relationship, both parties are to be blamed for causing its downfall? What if it is the beginning of a better relationship for either one of them? It is just a matter of picking up the pieces and starting all over again.


In other words, why subject ourselves to a lot of hatred for ourselves just because we are not able to get where we wanted to be? Oh, and then seeing it as a sign that our world has just crashed. No such guidelines! If we are not able to get our size of clothes in a clothing store and anything found to be in our size, costs more due to the extra 'use' of fabric, which guideline tells you that you have to aim to be slim or waif-like to fit into most clothes? The thing is, there is no such thing as a perfect body. So whose guideline are they trying to follow here that most clothes in trendy boutiques cant fit girls of a bigger (but not less attractive) size?


In other words, many guidelines are written by other fellow citizens to what they think will make us out to be one perfect individual in both mind and body. Let's start afresh here. This is a new month. Embrace it. And don't fret if it doesn't work the first few times. Maybe it is just time for us to move on and get to know ourselves better. Be good to yourself!To me, it is difficult to break out of the common

Comments

Popular Posts