Post Raya

This year's hari raya celebration is rather hard for me because my dad isnt exactly in his best of health. Even though he doesnt seem overly weak compared to earlier this year, the fact remains that he is no longer stronger this time round. He has to rely on medicine to keep him going but if you ask me, with the state of his kidneys, he isn't too worse off. I can only thank God for keeping me grounded and being the daughter that I am instead of being a wild child or one who only thinks of herself. My dad never asked me to take work leaves for him but i jz felt that it is only my duty. If my dad can survive bringing me up on a small salary, why cant i be a survivor like him? At times when im feeling a tad bit low on how am i gonna get thru w life, I tell myself in e morning, that im a survivor. I can do this.


Anyway, enough abt being sorrowful on this occasion. On a positive note, I am able to assume my gym workouts again! Im starting from today..in a different gym but nevertheless, still a gym. I saw girls or women being bigger than me who have no qualms abt their body hung ups in the company of guys. I mean who else dominate e gym but them people. Still,me not complaining..hehe..show me ur gorgeous biceps!


Well fasting had been rather fun. No kidding! Since embarking on this healthy route twds life, I have been giving up so much good food that it can be so tear-inducing. Ok, maybe not so bad la. I remembered last year's one was quite bad that i actually did cry..hehe. Im not even talking abt asking forgiveness frm ur parents. I actually cringed over the dishes that my mum had bought fm her friend's aunt. I can only see oil swimming on top. Then after fasting for almost a month, I certainly didnt want to ruin my diet. Anyway, in short, I did eat after being forced by my mum. So she jz did me a favour by only giving me a little bit..hehe..so I over-reacted.


This year, after two years of not cooking, she decided to cook for hari raya. Uhm, but of coz she is delaying e process. I only trust my mums cooking because shes quite health conscious. Skinless chicken..no msg..and even her cookies dont have baking powder which is an artificial raising agent. So I ate my aunt's briyani which her son sent over but of coz I didnt want to eat it initially. Again, she did me a favour by only serving a bit and I denied a second helping. Anyway, I already thought that I chose e wrong day to start going back towards a healthier lifestyle..hehe. Of all e days, it had to be hari raya. But its ok, Im restarting back and e following day will be perfect. Woohooz!


«chanting»...im going to e gym..im going to e gym...yup, so i jz fit in for two days of gym this wk. One is at entirely different gym for me near my home. The other is of coz...my trusted gym at office as I will be required to go back to complete my appraisal . I jz hope that buggy woman doesnt hog e cross trainer like she own that darn thing. Before I end off this blog..I need to give a couple of goodbyes to e following food during e fasting mth. No doubt they give me the bloatedness in moi tummy but still, they make me revisit e past in glee..

Will e following food, pls stand up:

chocolate doughnut
egg tart
nasi padang
chicken porridge
wanton noodles
gado gado
nasi sambal goreng
kentang ball
fried chicken wing
bbq twisties
spicy hot potato chipz



The food that Im going to miss most is....chocolate doughnut. I know that doesnt qualify as real food but still...I love doughnuts! Ill see u guys next year! Oh well, say hello once again to wholemeal bread, soya bean milk, fruits and cornflakes as my daily food intake..better than starving anyway..hehe

Comments

Popular Posts