Free Magx

Hello!!


My magazines supply has arrived..at the doorstep of the common rubbish chute outside my corridors. I thought that when the neighbours living nearer to the chute moved away, I wouldn't be able to get my magazines when they moved house. Okay, so what am I yakking about? Usually, once in awhile like in a course of 6 months or so, I didnt know which neighbours would actually throw out their magazines supply, mostly female magazines looking almost brand new, and then I couldn't resist but pick them up. Today, I took a record of 8 magazines! woo hoo! They are all this year's magazines including one mag that I was contemplating to buy but since I already bought another magazine and that I had to budget, it had to go. But I wanted to get it so much coz it had a special feature about how to dress our body better according to our body shape. I consoled myself by telling that hey, I can check out the internet if I wanted to find out more about what kind of clothes better suit me. Still, I do wanna get it even though it would cost me less than 4.oo. Damn, I wished I wasn't so budget conscious but I have to start from somewhere and magazines are a want not a need.


When I got my pay, I decided that hey, since I had been pining to get that magazine for the longest time, I just that that it wouldn't kill to get it. But alas, I couldnt find it at any newsstand anymore! The issue...is no more...and has been replaced with another issue. It's ok..sob..I would live. And boy did I live coz as I was rummaging through my findings, I thought the cover looked familiar..and yay! It was the issue which I wanted to get! This week, besides the hari raya celebrations, my time will be basically occupied by the reading of these magazines. Since I just started on my venture which is jewellery designing, they will give me design ideas that I am just waiting to make and customise according to my needs.


Speaking of that, I made a necklace and a pair of earrings!!! Now thats an achievement coz I find that I am getting better at this thing in the way I handle the materials. Do you know that it takes me a year to perfect my skills at doing even the most mundane things such as cutting of the chains? I have shakey fingers so it is hard to keep it still when it comes to fixing the smaller items such as the hooks. Besides I couldn't afford those set of jewellery making tools so I had to trust my rather rusty and cheap but useful pair of pliers. Now it has a good friend..a pair of scissors..haha. If only I knew that scissors can work just as well..infact better..when it comes to cutting the chains. Darn, shouldn't have underestimated the power of the scissors.


Hrm, I am really putting forth my goals. I guess one of my weaknesses is that sometimes, I pretend to think that things are okay and that I can handle it myself. The truth is, we're just human beings prone to make mistakes but it doesn't give us permission to keep doing the wrong things. Once you learn to work on your weaknesses including admitting to them, and do something about it, things may start to look up. I do think that one of my mottos which I had stuck with ever since my BCG injection more than ten years ago in Primary Six stay true till today. That motto says sometimes we have to suffer first and enjoy later. For example, when I was contemplating hard about whether I should get that white long sleeves cardigan for some of my tops, I decided to not get it coz it would set me back by 17 dollars and judging by my family's expenditure, this may not be the right time to buy. But a kind soul in the form of my friend, gave me this pretty cool looking..or how I prefer to term it as...very the 'chi chi'...jacket that will look perfect for two of my boat neck tops that kinda flop around the neckline already..after just one wash..grr...


And then earlier on? The magazine...so okay, I don't know if God is rewarding me for being so patient with life's shortcomings hanging over me me now. Im trying my utter best to be strong but at the same time, I don't want to make my family worried so the only way to stop them from thinking about hard times, I have to learn to make my own sacrifices. I sacrificed my leaves for them by only applying for leaves when my dad has appointments with the dreaded hospital. I try not to dwell on them but sometimes, it is so hard..very hard..especially when the responsibilities fall mostly on you.


Okay, I wish I can blog further but I am getting too darn tire now. Till next time..


Comments

Popular Posts