Total Control

Hear ye! Hear ye!

So once again, we are going into the new month and being financially a bit more secured this month, I am pretty much ok..just like everyday, trying to live. did you notice anything new to my layout...woohoo! new one! featuring jason mraz! woohoo! I didn't quite struggle doing this layout havin' gone through hell the other time..heh...and kinda used pretty much the same code with tweaks here and there. Im a GeeK..I can't help it! By the way, I also made use of new softwares 'freshly' installed into my laptop: Dreamweaver which I bothered to actually go to the library and read up on it like how I wrote a blog on it regarding my 'absence' on the net. K, so it was just a petty excuse. So my friend was pretty much right that dreamweaver is a bit more flexible than microsoft frontpage which I have sworn to always use compared to this beav..i mean..weaver thing. And oh, I didn't quite struggle with the graphic design thingey I did with jason mraz pictures even though I forgot some of the basic rules and could only come up with this simple one. But good enough..considering I did it throughout from 1 am to 5 am in the morning..seriously, no joke! I had not even touched the rest of the layout yet..heh..talk about enthusiasm till I was sleep deprived!


So wat else has been happening in my life? Well...not that much actually although I have been pretty tired last week which I could not put my finger on. Maybe it was the weather...too much thinking..sighing....lazying...no wait..I do the last one all the time....but I can't entirely blame it on my gym sessions. Talk about gym, so now my body has reached a plateau..meaning, it is at its resting point now so I have to wait till next month before it starts losing weight as per normal again. Uhm...so what is so 'normal' about losing weight every month? Hehe...it stems from my determination to lose a few kgs every month but not more than 5kg coz it will deprive me of my nutrients and that's not good for my health. Losing weight is one thing...losing nutrients is another. Don't confuse them...or ur body will be confused and the consequences aren't that good. To be honest with you, maybe it is because I have reached my target this year of losing 10kg that now, my apetite, as if on cue, is slowly regaining back which isn't quite a good thing for me. But I know at certain periods of time, no matter how trained you are in controlling ur appetite, there are days when you just feel like binge-ing and that's when you have to be further in control or you'll simply lose the battle and can be back at square one. It is not wrong to suddenly find yourself craving for food even though you had just eaten something half an hour ago or even less than that. So okay, can go ahead and eat but the next one or two days, mz seriously watch the food intake to 'counter effect' the huge appetite.


Even though it may take a long while before I am back at my original weight, I am not taking any chances. So I still get the occasional swipes like whenever I comment that I can't wear certain clothes anymore coz they are pretty big but I have never intended to 'show off'. Infact, I'd rather keep it to myself but sometimes, I think it is quite a pity if I jz leave the clothes in the wardrobe like that when other people may be able to use it. Like my colleague whom I offered to give her my pants coz it is rather big for me already. But, I understand what she meant when she took it as if I am implying she's bigger than me so the pants is more for her. Of course, I don't intend it that way lah as per usual. Jz like how people would suddenly comment that I am 'slim' or 'thin' with their hand gestures as if depicting how I had shrunk, my first thought will be 'So are you trying to say I was fat the last time?' but I would be slapped I guess if I had shrieked those words to them..hehe...like as if I didn't deserve the compliments. I learnt from a previous training that I should be gracious and thank them but jz now, I couldn't help but to 'deny' when the coffee shop lady did the hand gesture of me 'shrinking' and saying 'u thin now ah'...by remarking back 'no lah!' of which she quickly insisted..'yes...thin!' Haha...what the hell...and to think I have always kept a low profile and never went beyond 'teh 2 packets' or 'roti 6..'..so imagine my shock when she mentioned the word 'thin' to me. Oh well, I wanted to thank her after that but she was distracted already as the customers were starting to order.


So, what else is new in my life. I have a new boyfriend! Wait..that didn't happen. Oh! I was actually on leave today..wahoo!! I thought that since today is a good day to start the month of August though technically, it is only so on Tuesday but why waste a good day? July 31st happens to fall on a Monday, which incidentally, is also a start of brand new week. I want to keep things in control coz after a mad frenzy of way late nights and way early nights for me. If this is my biological clock, I think I would be labelled as an android going through erratic technical difficulties in terms of timing. I have completely lost track of time and I have also lost track of my life of which i was totally clueless on where to start and everything that I did, was basically either done half way or I didn't know what the hell I was doing. One moment, I would be cutting articles of Digital Life and organizing the articles and halfway through, I would be forget about it and then turned my attention to something else. After awhile, I did a bit of this and that and I wasn't being systematic at all and my unpredictable sleeping times would also get in the way of wanting to do what I had planned in my head when I reach home from work.


Have I even begun about the condition of my room? Totally. Messy. So Okay, midweek, I kinda got a grip about its condition and did some cleaning up but as soon as I came back, everything would be topsy turvy and today, I was determined to clean up the mess. I did it on medium speed as I was not about to get easily distracted and the cleaning up would be halfway done as I postpone to the next day and subsequently, the next day...and the next day...u get the picture. So okay, I decided to do the cleaning in stages. Okay, general cleaning up will be almost everyday but the bigger chore is to organize and basically, throw out those things that are pretty pointless to me but dunno why, I still keep them. So far, it has worked. I just keep the mentality that okay, reality check, I can't have a totally cleaned out room like jz have to face the fact, I can't be throwing out almost everything I can find that not often beng used. Otherwise, it will be one of those moments when jz as you need the thing, you find that it is no longer in 'existence' coz guess what? I have fed it to the rubbish bin. As long as it is organized and not just let it pile up and up and up till beating the flying height limit of Superman, then good enough. Know why? If Im way too particular on how I want to go about cleaning out the junks, I realise that I usually don't get the job done a hundred percent. I'll end up with a bigger state of say, unorganized drawer or cupboard as half the time, I don't know where else can they go to make room in the cupboard. It's either sacricifice this space or that space...so in the end, the room is still unorganized as those things that no longer have a room or waiting to be shifted..well..somewhere....will be the cause of the extra messiness on top of the current one..haiz..

When I stop taxing myself to clear the mess once and for all, and do it in stages, my room is actually cleaner, believe it or not. So what if I have not cleared out the drawer where I usually put the documents in for bill payments later on on payday or my dad's docs like his receipts and appt cards. Today, I decide to continue clear the longer drawer where I keep some stationeries..and the word 'some'..is simply describing the top of the iceberg. But it is OKAY. The drawer looks much better as I have invested a plastic box tat will help to divide my things up instead of just throwing everything into the blue basket that can get easily messy. Oh, and I have also decided not to put things on the 'To the rubbish bin outside!' list to stay in my room for a period of time that lasts in my room for..hee...weeks. When it has to go, it HAS to go. No more pending...or it will start accumulating that my room can be easily mistaken as a rubbish collection centre. So they don't contain rotten food leftovers but papers, boxes or any other stuffs can be an eyesore when they're pretty big in size and jutting out of the almost crumpled up plastic bags. And to think I can tolerate them or even forgot that I have placed them in some corner in my already small room to be thrown away the next morning..what happened to you RAHAYU?!!!! hahaha...told you, I lost 'control' of my life for the last two weeks infact. Sad..sad..sad...that's not the way to treat my life..*smacks my forehead*


I think the theme Life is Wonderful as sung by Jason Mraz is the perfect theme for my blog. I have already embraced today as a new beginning and it shows (judging on how clean my bedroom floor is after a good vacuum session..keke...). I am also beginning to have more control over my diet and also finance wise, hrm...I have started to keep track of family expenses by keeping the receipts and tried to not buy unnecessary things. Okay, on a personal level, it is good coz I have not bought a single thing yet today that screams...'Buy me even if you don't need me!' but regarding my dad's medical expenses for his second monthly visit, that can't be helped lah although the tax department's refund for his last income tax did help a bit. It isn't much but still quite good enough to at least cover most part of it. Actually right, I have this aim to make at least 100 dollars every month or before my dad's next medical appointment because it can help to pay for the consultation and medicine. Okay, maybe I have mentioned this before in my previous post. Right now, on my thoughts, is to sell some things of mine like clothes to make the extra bucks and some accessories maybe? I guess aiming for a hundred is quite achievable but hey, if it depends on luck too, then it may or may not be reached. Still, it's worth a try rather than wishing for the money to fall on my lap although im keeping my lap opens just in case yah? *grins*


I know we can't be totally in control of our life but as much as we still got it, dont lose track of it. I made a mistake by being a slob plus slacker the last two weeks even not writing my blog coz it seems like a chore too. Let's be a BITCH galz!...Babe in Total Control of Herself!!!


Oh oh!!!! Before anything else, I have two announcements to make:


CSI:MIAMI is back for the fourth season on the telly...like..FINALLY!!! Yay! David!!! Love you David! Oh, and the rest of the crew too..keke...


AND..


MUSE..the fantastico UK band is back!! Brand new album...and brand new uber cool single...Super Massive Blackhole!! The album is called Black Holes and Revelations. I fell in love with their unique sounds of stylistic rock that spells MUSE and not by any other commercial bands out there. You can check out their other singles from other albums like the very hypnotic Time is Running Out and rock worthy Hysteria. The reviews are in about this new album which says that those used to Muse's brand of music may be in for a 'shock' as the band tried to experiment with different sounds while still retaining their uniqueness. It may or may not spell good news for their current fans but so far, the reviews have been positive too. I mean judging on their quick climb to the top of the UK album chart, I guess if you die die need to break your piggy bank and get one good album, I'd say Muse 'Black Holes and Revelations'.


Right..can't wait for Wednesday coz I..rahayupopz..aka...Little Miss Geek...will be watching the show I have been anticipating my whole life (again..exaggerating..so maybe more than a year)...CSi:Miami!!!! And my next pay, I am investing in Muse new album..*rubs palms gleefully*..gotta go plan my day for tomorrow..!

Comments

Popular Posts